Randstad Technologies is hiring and we're looking for someone like YOU to join our team! If you are seeking a new opportunity, looking to grow in your career, or you know someone who is - we want to hear from you! Take a look at the below opportunity, or feel free to visit RandstadUSA.com to view and apply to any of our open roles.
location: Alpharetta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $42 - 47 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
SQL Database Administrator
We are looking for an experienced and passionate individual to join our growing data platform team. As a SQL Server DBA you will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems.
- Configure, maintain and manage health and performance of 8 servers.
- Ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability and security.
- Analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Support data security compliance and standards.
- Database backups, archives and restores.
- Memory and space management.
- Upgrades and patches.
- Manages active directory roles and responsibilities.
- 5 years of experience as a SQL Server DBA or similar role
- 5 years of experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO)
- 5 years of experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- 5 years of experience of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server.
- 5 years of experience with Windows server, including Active Directory.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company's success.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- SQL Database admin
- SQL Server
- SQL Database developer
- Performance Tuning
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.