This role will be responsible for building and maintaining systems and processes in support of Actuarial and Financial departments. Systems will include custom builds, SaaS integrations, ETL, and Oracle database development. The ability to understand our business environment and processes will be key. Continuous improvement and innovation will be core elements of the team's culture.
location: DES MOINES, Iowa
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Designs, codes, tests, and documents software solutions that are high performing and intuitive, adhering to F&G's software development methodologies, frameworks, standards, and security requirements
- Assists in the design and development of relational database models for software solutions
- Refactors applications to minimize technical debt.
- Performs unit, regression, security, and load tests to validate the readiness of internally and externally developed code for production as required
- Conducts application security reviews in conjunction with the Security Team.
- Develops complex programs/queries to support transactional processing and regulatory reporting
- Perform impact analysis for interface/system changes affecting the applications environment
- Work closely with the Financial and Actuary business teams to translate business needs into technical solutions
- Assist in developing estimates for project and maintenance work
- Supports custom or 3rd-party solutions and their integrations to minimize user impact or downtime
- Collaborates with Solution Architects and Enterprise Architecture to follow system roadmaps and technical governance
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- JAVA DEVELOPER
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.