Sr. Informatica Developer
The ideal candidate will become part of a team responsible for the complete life-cycle and the management of ETL processes and database systems. Collaborating with business, development, and testing teams, this role will facilitate accurate data reporting within company standards and maintain 24/7 system availability. Investigate and analyze issues, as well as research opportunities for improvement of processes. Provide expert system and technical advice and guidance to other developers. Enable the use of data quality and accuracy as a strategic enabler. Provide sage advice and design to incorporate additional data points into an ever-evolving reporting system to further business visibility.
location: Smyrna, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Education and/or Experience:
- Leads the tuning of ETL processes
- Leads the tuning of databases
- Responsible for timely project deliveries
- Leads in writing and reviewing software functional specifications and design reviews
- Provides guidance to more junior staff
- Provides input to continuously improve ETL process discipline and resulting output quality
- Participates in writing and reviewing software functional specifications and design reviews
- Collaborates with development teams, business units to identify, define, develop and implement new data source feeds
- Monitors usage of the Data Warehouse to identify potential capacity overloads and bottlenecks
- Assists with tuning of ETL processes and database performance
- Design and develop any/all necessary ETL processes
- Responsible for loading and validating data into the data warehouse
- Provides support for technical issues and ensuring system availability
- Remains current on Data Warehousing technologies, testing industry trends and best practices
- Ownership of projects and responsible for deliverables
- On-call duties
- Bachelor's degree preferred; 6+ years programming experience and/or training. Broad understanding of general business and management practices is preferred.
- 6+ years of experience in software development utilizing Informatica in combination with Oracle databases in a distribution system environment is preferred.
- Complete understanding of all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Expert Knowledge of application design principles, systems development and analysis.
- Expert UNIX/LINUX and Oracle 12c experience
- Complete understanding of relational database design and architecture
- Solid understanding of Business Intelligence (BI) architecture and reporting mechanism using tools like Microstrategy
Ability to read and interpret documents (such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals), write routine reports and correspondence, and to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Spanish bilingual abilities preferred. Mathematical Skills & Reasoning Ability:
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, & permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability & validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, & draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form & dal with several abstract & concrete variables. Computer Skills:
Relevant knowledge of application design principles, system development and analysis. Expert knowledge and experience with Informatica Powercenter and its application in a production environment. Advanced knowledge and understanding of Business Intelligence architecture and reporting mechanisms. Expert experience with UNIX/LINUX platforms and Oracle 12c relational databases.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Informatica (6 years of experience is required)
- ETL (6 years of experience is required)
- Oracle (6 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.