We are in need of a talented AWS Data Analytics Developer to support our team of Developers. The ideal candidate will have a very keen understading of the AWS Cloud Environment. Canidates for this role should have proven skills in the following technologies:
ETL Solutions for AWS.
location: CHARLOTTE, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Provides intermediate level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of data analytics (ETL) solutions for AWS cloud environment.
- Verifies all deliverables meet Methodology and Information Security requirements.
- Translates technical specifications, and/or design models into code for new or enhancement projects (for internal or external clients).
- Develops code that reuses objects, is well structured, includes sufficient comments, and is easy to maintain.
- Writes programs and reports.
- Elevates code into the development, test, and Production environments on schedule. Provides follow up Production support when needed. Submits change control requests and documents.
- Participates in design, code, and test inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues and ensure methodology compliance.
- Participates in systems analysis activities, including system requirements analysis and definition, e.g. prototyping. Participates in other meetings, such as those for use case creation and analysis.
- Writes the system/technical portion of assigned deliverables. Assists technical team members with the system/technical portion of their deliverables, e.g., systems testers with test plans. On small teams, the developer may write these items.
- Performs unit testing and writes appropriate unit test plans to ensure requirements are satisfied. Assists in integration, systems, acceptance, and other related testing as needed.
- Develops understanding of client business functions and technology needs.
- Interfaces with cross functional teams, including associated Data & Mid Tier teams.
- Complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established milestones.
Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Demonstrated and proven track record of data development capabilities.
Object Oriented analysis and design techniques
Demonstrated knowledge of the following:
- Very experienced with Java, Scala, PySpark, bash scripting, EMR.
- Proven analysis and debugging skills for the AWS platform
- Experience with ETL tools, serverless architecture is a huge plus
- Hands-on experience with Database structures, SQL
- Must be familiar with Security Concepts (IAM, data governance and data privacy, etc.)
- Familiarity with unit testing frameworks, oozie, control-M a plus
- Five years developer or systems analyst experience
- Demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills
- Expert planning and organizational skills
- Expert written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work out of hours when needed, including weekends and evenings
- Ability to lead small team on separate components or deliverables associated with projects
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- AWS (5 years of experience is preferred)
- Python (4 years of experience is preferred)
- Data Analysis (5 years of experience is preferred)
- ETL (5 years of experience is preferred)
- JAVA PROGRAMMER
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.