job summary: Project Overview:
User Experience Researcher Assistants help everyone focus on the user. In this role, you will create understanding and empathy around user needs for a variety of products by conducting or supporting primary research to explore the behaviors, emotions, and motivations of our users. You will do this through methods like usability testing, surveys, heuristic evaluations, and card sorting. Your research will help us innovate on our existing products and create useful, usable, and delightful new products. You'll inspire change at all stages of product development by delivering compelling, written, in-person and visual presentations on your findings.
User experience (UX) is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. As part of our group, you will have the chance not only to work with UXRs on your immediate team but to learn from UXRs across the company. Our multidisciplinary UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and performance. We collaborate closely with product managers, software engineers -- among others-- and our work affects people all over the world while exemplifying a core principle of Google's philosophy: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." Skill/Experience/Education
- B.A./B.S. (completed) or M.A./M.S./Ph.D. in Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior; or in lieu or degree, equivalent related work experience;
- 3 years of relevant research experience; Knowledge of basic statistical concepts preferred;
- Detail-oriented and ability to work fairly independently on a variety of tasks; Interest in general research and user research methods;
- strong oral and written communication skills;
- Can prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects;
- Technical aptitude, interest in technology; Highly motivated learner
- Familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools preferred
location: Seattle, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 42 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Preparing user research activities (working with the recruiters to schedule study sessions, setting up the usability lab etc.)
- Planning, observing and moderating usability testing sessions and interviews
- Administering questionnaires, surveys, and interviews
- Taking notes during user study sessions
- Analyzing qualitative & quantitative data
- Communicating findings from the study to the research lead and/or broader team
- Assistance in creating reports (including creating graphs, highlight videos, slide decks etc.) Analyzing, interpreting and summarizing existing research reports.
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.