job summary: Job Description:
You will be a liaison between IT and the business that helps drive innovation and digital transformation across the organization. You will oversee the development of new websites, applications, and databases, as well as integrations and maintenance of existing information technology systems. Youwill supervise the various phases of systems analysis, design, development, coordination, implementation, and documentation ensuring that user applications, systems, and other software development projects are compatible with organization objectives.
You are responsible for the continuous improvement in the companies software engineering processes and practices as well as the technical and professional growth of individual team members. This is a working role and leadership by both technical and professional example is expected. Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related field highly preferred or equivalent business experience.
- Solid experience building high-quality user experience (UI/UX) for high-volume applications.
- Deep understanding of responsive design, web accessibility.
- Working experience with all core software development activities, including requirements gathering, design, construction and testing. Expertise and knowledge of formal SDLC models and methodologies, including Lean, Agile or Scrum.
- Expertise and knowledge of how to develop high-volume, high-availability and high-scalability multilanguage applications involving cloud-based infrastructure design.
- In-depth understanding and demonstrated expertise working with application interface design, system architecture, modelling, and implementation.
- 8+ years of total technology industry experience.
- 3+ years of technical experience designing and implementing large scale distributed systems.
- 1+ years of experience working in agile and/or iterative project management methodology.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Experience working in Azure, AWS or similar cloud platform.
- Excellent teambuilding skills, with the ability to recruit, retain, coach and mentor top-quality staff.
- Working experience with formal software development methodologies including SDLC, Agile or SCRUM.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate evaluation of technologies and achieve consensus on technical standards and solutions among a diverse group of information technology professionals.
- Able to translate information technology jargon into terms understandable by all audiences.
- Experience with source code management such as Visual Studio Online or Gitlab.
- Thorough understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST, SOAP and API design for extensibility and portability.
- Thorough understanding of security-based design patterns.
- Expert knowledge of DevOps and cloud-based compute, storage and communication patterns.
- Expert knowledge of current software engineering trends, best practices and standards.
- Expert knowledge in modern frameworks such as Angular, Angular.js, Vue, or React.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft tools and technologies including .Net, ASP.Net, C#, and SQL.
- Outstanding leadership skills with the ability to delegate responsibilities and authority effectively and to encourage individuals to decide how they will accomplish their goals and resolve issues.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, negotiation, writing, speaking, and listening skills.
- strong business acumen and strategic thinking ability.
location: MILWAUKEE, Wisconsin
job type: Permanent
salary: $115,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Actively manage a team of software engineers primarily focused on the development of new applications as well as the maintenance, integration, and operation of existing applications.
- Participant in technology strategy
- Identify and prioritize which systems to invest into
- Evaluate and transform legacy applications into modern applications
- Determine and implement build versus buy strategies
- Standardize and organize IT solutions and business processes to align with business goals
- Evaluate the latest technology trends that align with CPI opportunities
- Align business goals and technology support
- Work across the organization to document and connect business mission, process, and system design
- Help business achieve goals and reduce pain points by aiding teams in solutioning and process creation
- Create methods for compliance architecture, such as data storage, metadata management and change control
- Work on an Agile team to develop, test, deploy, and maintain software, while collaborating with team members on product backlog grooming, sprint planning, execution, review, and retrospective.
- Provide technical escalation for the software engineering team as they work through development builds or as they troubleshoot application issues.
- Oversee the work of consultants involved in the development of new and/or maintenance and operation of existing IT systems.
- Take ownership of assigned work, monitor and maintain the health of solutions generated. Increase operating efficiency and adapt to new requirements.
- Design, develop, and implement SQL databases for web and other functions.
- Transform complex customer requirements into working, maintainable solutions.
- Work collaboratively on creative solutions with engineers, product managers and designers in an agile like environment.
- Perform design and code reviews.
- Automate activities wherever possible to minimize resource needs.
- Troubleshoots and fine-tunes application code in order to isolate and identify problems and to optimize system performance. Develop proof-of-concept prototypes.
- Troubleshoot, debug and implement software code especially with relation to web functionality and integration with back-end systems.
- Participate in the formulation, enforcement and transparency of IT policies, procedures and performance management processes and measures.
- Evaluate new technical developments and investments that will advance company objectives
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- .NET (5 years of experience is preferred)
- Angular JS (5 years of experience is preferred)
- Cloud (5 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.