job summary: Description of Role:
You would be a member of the companies Infrastructure, Security and Support team whose responsibility is to ensure the stable operation, reliability, security and support of the companies systems, cloud and networking infrastructure. Your focus is the support, development, implementation, and assurance of technical security strategies across the organization.
You work as part of cross-functional teams that deal with the full spectrum of information management technology providing security-based direction in technical standards, planning, and strategy to other technical staff and management. You will support the development and implementation of key security initiatives and global security parameters based upon level of risk for all Cyber IT platforms and infrastructure. You also support the efforts of the Infrastructure team, performs probes of networks, applications, and devices to determine if security vulnerabilities exist and/or if security and access control policies have been violated. Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology or related field.
- 5+ years of professional experience working as a Systems Engineer, DevOps Engineer or Cloud Infrastructure Architect with the ability to perform basic scripting.
- 3+ years of experience in managing or supporting a large enterprise network with business-critical applications.
- 3+ years of experience in one or more of the following information security domains: Access Management, Cryptography, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Endpoint Security, Authentication, Cloud, Malware Analysis and Protection, Network and Perimeter Security, Web/Mobile Application Security, Incident Response, and Emerging Technologies (i.e., mobile, cloud, etc.).
- 2+ years of experience architecting and deploying Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) security solutions.
- 2+ years of experience in building and maintaining security systems.
- 2+ years of experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
- Experience with vulnerability management and risk assessment.
- Knowledge of cyber security standard frameworks such as ISO and NIST.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or CCNP Security
- Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE)
- Design, build, install, configure, and monitor servers in a physical and virtual environment. Preferably in a cloud environment.
- Proficient with Palo Alto Networks firewalls and Palo Alto Global Protect SSLVPN.
- Practical Knowledge of Information Security standards and policies like ISO 27001/27002, NIST, and others.
- Technical competency in CPI's core technologies: Cloud, Windows Server/ Desktop, Virtualization, Palo Alto networking, Cisco and Meraki networking, Cisco telephony.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing network security policies and procedures to industry best practices.
- Solid working knowledge of Active Directory, TCP/IP and DHCP.
- strong knowledge of WAN, LAN, WLAN, VPN, SSLVPN, and VoIP administration.
- Advanced working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, including DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, and Active Directory.
- Demonstrated experience with Windows systems installation, maintenance and troubleshooting, including Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2019.
- strong knowledge of managing a virtual machine infrastructure including VMware and Azure
- Ability and experience to analyze and tune performance issues by leveraging various industry-standard monitoring and reporting tools
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (PowerShell/ Python as examples).
- Advanced level troubleshooting of both hardware, networking, and software related issues.
location: MILWAUKEE, Wisconsin
job type: Permanent
salary: $115,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Develop or enhance existing cyber security toolsets with an emphasis on front-end, graphical user interfaces and web application development.
- Set up and deploy servers and operating systems to host critical cyber security tools.
- Monitor SIEM and other network security devices for alerts.
- Investigate alerts using any and all available tools and data resources.
- Ensure that hardware, operating systems, application software, network security, and related procedures adhere to organizational compliancy and operational requirements.
- Assist in the creation and distribution of solutions to improve processes and procedures.
- Participate in architecture, planning, and support of the hosted and cloud environments with an emphasis on the security posture of the platforms.
- Prepare, coordinate, and execute change control to correct issues and enhance both production and non-production systems.
- Identify, document, and recommend security safeguards and configurations in a highly complex environment with a demonstrated ability to recognize, and appropriately incorporate layered security safeguards within the network, application, and data layers from a defender's perspective.
- Manage security product life cycle from vendor management roadmap and QBR, change management, documentation, user training, milestone planning, and deployment coordination.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.