Performs a wide variety of electronic or electro mechanical assembly tasks in support of developmental requirements in pre-production projects. Works from rough schematics, blueprints and oral instructions to construct developmental assemblies, sub-assemblies and components. May perform rework and quality testing. Work typically includes interaction with development and/or manufacturing engineering personnel. Typically requires a minimum of 6+ years of related experience. Typically requires a minimum of 1-3 years of related experience. Focused areas are optical/mechanical builds utilizing test fixtures to qualify builds - need 1st shift
2nd Shift - 4:00pm - 12:30am, opportunity for OT
- 1-3 years' experience building complex electrical- mechanical skills (optics hands on a plus)
- Quality focus
- Self-starter/good oral & writing communications kills
- Ability to use OMS's (operational method sheets) to build from (using laptops/desk top PC's
- Ability to use test fixtures - qualify builds after assembly/alignment
Nice to Have's: either a mechanical or optical engineering degree or some kind of back ground in those fields would be good too.
Skill set - optical/mechanical builds, utilizing test fixtures to quality optics assemblies 1-3 years experience
location: MILPITAS, California
job type: Contract
salary: $17.70 - 22.70 per hour
work hours: 3pm to 12am
Top Daily Responsibilities:
- Building/aligning/ testing complex optical assemblies
- Meet time stands (build times)
- Meet Quality standards (workmanship)
- Performing audits (work orders)
- Hand tool calibration - auditing hand tools, prior to daily use
The essential functions of this role include:
- working up to 20 hrs of overtime per week
- working weekends
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.