job summary: Qualifications
- Minimum of five years data analytics, programming, database administration, or data management experience.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
location: Malvern, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Data Engineering
Provides advanced data solutions by using software to process, store, and serve data to others. Tests data quality and optimizes data availability. Ensures that data pipelines are scalable, repeatable, and secure. Utilizes a deep dive analytical skillset on a variety of internal and external data. Core Responsibilities
1. Writes ETL (Extract / Transform / Load) processes, designs database systems, and develops tools for real-time and offline analytic processing.
2. Troubleshoots software and processes for data consistency and integrity. Integrates large scale data from a variety of sources for business partners to generate insight and make decisions.
3. Translates business specifications into design specifications and code. Responsible for writing complex programs, ad hoc queries, and reports. Ensures that all code is well structured, includes sufficient documentation, and is easy to maintain and reuse.
4. Partners with internal clients to gain an enhanced understanding of business functions and informational needs. Gains expertise in tools, technologies, and applications/databases in specific business areas and company-wide systems.
5. Leads all phases of solution development. Explains technical considerations at related meetings, including those with internal clients and less experienced team members.
6. Tests code thoroughly for accuracy of intended purpose. Reviews end product with the client to ensure adequate understanding. Provides data analysis guidance as required.
7. Designs and conducts training sessions on tools and data sources used by the team and self provisioners. Provides job aids to team members and business users.
8. Tests and implements new software releases through regression testing. Identifies issues and engages with vendors to resolve and elevate software into production.
9. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.