Google's Extended Workforce Solutions (xWS) team is looking for an experienced communications manager to support the development of a new in-house comms team and provide ongoing content writing, editing and management support across xWS and Google channels (Help Centers, email, tickets). The role of the xWS Communication Manager involves partnership and collaboration within xWS Operations, and also with teams outside of xWS and across Google. It covers communications throughout the Extended Workforce lifecycle from major change mass communications to special communications campaigns to ad hoc and one-off comms that arise day-to-day from the team. This role includes content strategy, creation, and editing to encourage contact avoidance, to address pain points for users/clients, to improve the experience people have with xWS Ops and the extended workforce, and to make sure people are getting the info they need where and when they need it. There is a lot of collaboration with teams in the temp, vendor and independent contractor spaces for how-to guides, training decks, surveys, user help centers. Daily Responsibilities:
Special Projects (Project Management):
- Project planning and management Research (focus groups, surveys, best practices) and writing
- Stakeholder engagement and management
- Creating presentations
- Creating, developing, executing new projects that contribute to the overall goals of xWS Ops from a communications and knowledge management perspective
- BA/BS degree (Manager is open to the area of study - Communications preferred).
- 3 years of experience in writing and corporate communications.
- Advanced HTML effective written and verbal skills, with the ability to write in the Google Voice and with tact and diplomacy.
- strong partnership and stakeholder management experience with an ability to influence without authority and across multiple teams.
- Creative problem-solver, with the ability to think, plan, and execute on multiple projects autonomously and in an organized fashion, balancing the long-term and urgent needs of the team.
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly and collaboratively in fast-paced and ambiguous environments, maintaining good judgement and the ability to escalate appropriately.
- Customer service experience, knowledge of Google Docs/sheets.
- Ability to create pivots and other data tables.
- Proven experience in Salesforce Marketing Cloud
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 59 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Creating (in collaboration), updating and editing team and manager training materials
- Creating, drafting, editing, and sending the xWS Ops Report quarterly
- Writing, editing and maintaining Ops Extended Workforce Help Center Sites
- Collaborating on, writing and editing new materials for Ops
- Pulling analytics and optimizing for the Help Center and communications touchpoints (Ops Newsletter)
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.