job summary: Project Overview:
The Android Partner Engineering team at Google works with the Android device ecosystem to extend the boundaries of the Android platform. The team works in a technology driven environment and is deeply engaged with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), carriers, chipset manufacturers, and Original Device Manufacturers (ODMs) across the globe. Our aim is to ensure devices are secure and up to date and make Android the platform of choice with consumers and enterprise customers. As a Technical Carrier Support Engineer in Android Partner Engineering, you will support technical programs related to the largest Android carrier partnerships. Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Prompt and proper resolution of technical challenges
- Troubleshoot partner queries using available tools/resources and create scalable documentation
- Support existing carrier team members with technical tasks
- Continuously seek to improve processes and innovate new approaches
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in Android mobile device/application development and understanding of mobile ecosystem trends.
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills, combined with a strong sense of ownership, and a proactive can-do attitude.
- 2+ years of customer-facing experience, and helping drive complex customer technical activities.
- Project management, organization, tracking activities and milestones
- Excellent communication and project management skills, with a track record of handling multiple customers and streams of work.
- Experience working with Carrier / Operator services and/or telecommunications, media, TV solutions
- Experience working with bug reporting tools and processes
- Skills in scripting language(s)
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 49 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Support our Android Carrier technical account managers. Ensure the prompt and proper resolution of technical challenges. Project Manage carrier related technical activities. Drive data and impact analysis of new requirements and policies. Build partner-facing technical documentation.
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.