Our Major Financial Client is looking for a Senior Interactive Designer / Associate Creative Director to join their In-House Agency.
This individual is a highly motivated self-starter and presenter, with a keen eye for modern design, graphic trends, typography, color, and layout. Must be on top of the latest design aesthetics and tools used in the industry. They should have excellent soft skills, display an eagerness to learn from others, and the initiative to self-learn when needed. They're empathetic, team oriented, and like to do engaging and impactful work.
- Has at least 5 years of agency experience working on branding, integrated digital campaigns, and web.
- At least 5 years of experience with human-centered design
- At least 5 years of experience with user interface and interaction design
- At least 5 years of experience designing customer-facing digital products
- At least 3 years of experience leading design projects
- College Degree or equivalent work experience with a
portfolio to prove it.
- Is proficient with Adobe Creative Suit (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign)
- Working knowledge of After Effects and a knack for animation a plus.
- Working knowledge of web design tools and prototyping such as Sketch and Invision.
- Ability to design beautiful vector illustrations and icons.
location: Mc Lean, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $34 - 37 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- In-depth understanding of human-centered design principles and practices.
- A portfolio with project examples that highlight using design to solve real-world problems, and make meaningful impacts to customers and business.
- Understanding of interface and interaction patterns and best practices on both mobile and web platforms, as well as experience working within a responsive design framework.
- Experience working within established brand guidelines, style guide, and UI design libraries.
- Excellent design craftsmanship with speed, proficiency, and rigor, from low fidelity to high fidelity
- Ability to measure the impacts of design and define success metrics.
- Experience partnering with content, research, and strategy specialists on user research, journey maps and user flows.
- Experience in leading design collaborations and ideations with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to create intent based on customer needs, pitch it to product owners and create connections to business needs.
- Ability to make critical design decisions and move things forward, even when you may not have all the facts or data.
- Experience creating prototypes that showcase design concepts and interaction patterns for pitches.
- Experience working with engineers to implement and launch designs.
- Ability to work collaboratively within cross-disciplinary teams, as well as ability to work independently.
- Ability to clearly communicate your design decisions with the team and craft elegant presentation
- Excellent storytelling capabilities to influence up, down, and across.
- Proficiency with current design tools (Adobe CC, Sketch, Invision)
- Active learner with a growth mindset to keep updated with the latest technologies, best practices, and online trends to provide recommendations for the team.
- Product design experience a major plus
- Experience level:
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Graphic Design
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.