job summary: MANAGER, Maintenance Automation Engineering PURPOSE:
is responsible for managing maintenance area functions and maintenance area team of Equipment automation, Equipment reliability, Maintenance processes and of Digitization of maintenance work procedures at or client. The person will manage the design and implementation of maintenance process, procedures, technologies and digitation for terminal maintenance functions and the terminal container handling equipment. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
CRITICAL QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS/EXPERIENCE Necessary to perform the requirements of the position:
- Pro-actively drive strategic operating plans focused on the future terminal design, and of technologies required to effectively maintain, and support the business operations, inclusive of resulting operating efficiencies and cost savings (i.e. reduced labor cost)
- Manages and coordinates the maintenance improvement & automation activities including realization of analysis of equipment reliability, technology participation, field studies, improvement of maintenance procedures, analysis of data and of using well-defined engineering techniques, principles and procedures.
- Responsible for management of team and area functions of
- Definition, measurement and improvement of terminal equipment reliability
- Equipment automation technology on the terminal equipment
- Digitization and analysis of maintenance area procedures and maintenance data
- Improvement and standardization of equipment maintenance across RTG shop, Power shop, Cranes Shop and other Maintenance areas.
- Design, review new initiatives, technical equipment reports, system procedures to identify the short term and long-term equipment reliability, automation technology and maintenance area improvement needs.
- Determines cost advantages of alternatives and develops action plans that comply with internal/external demands for maintenance functions and its areas.
- Manage engineering studies into equipment/process failures and work with shop managers, ILA and maintenance team to improve the quality and reliability of maintenance area services at or client.
- Be self-motivated with managerial skills, completes tasks without everyday guidance and Gets the job done. Constantly works toward refinement of maintenance operations to eliminate redundancies and reduce costs, while developing and adhering to ISO9001/2000 standards.
- Work with Shop mangers, department team, maintenance area vendors and providers to perform engineering research, design development, or manufacturing/process engineering assignments, including responsibility for major subsections of complex projects using general engineering practices influenced by the general theme of reliability principles.
- Ensures data integrity of equipment repairs through direct or in-direct supervision of ILA labor and SOP documentation Set up standard company procedures for use in reliability analysis specific to the equipment or maintenance processes.
- Manages the team to ensure and analyze that all terminal equipment needs are met on a shift-by-shift basis, and that all equipment is operationally safe. To ensure that terminal equipment requirements are met or exceeded with zero service failures.
- Supports department's work by maximizing the systems performance and integrity on 24 hours, 7 days a week basis. Should have availability and flexibility to work off shift hours - on need basis.
- Promotes good working and professional relationship(s) with all terminal departments.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, or equivalent. Mechanical, Electrical or IT Automation.
- 7+ years is a manager role with traceable and successful hands-on functional management record.
- 5+ years of experience in working at container handling facility having automated, semi-automated and traditional Rubber tire, Rail gantry and Container handling equipment. Experience of working with functional area teams in a container terminal facility with business understanding of Marine, Yard and Gate equipment and equipment needs.
- 5+ years of automation, technology, digitization, process design and maintenance experience.
- Ability to work under pressure and with multiple years of experience in managing vendors and technology partners.
- Must have good record of well-organized work, punctual and persistent (personal discipline)
- Ability to understand business technology systems, maintenance mechanical and electrical software systems, systems automation and integration of such tools with other area of terminal and terminal IT systems.
- Managerial, supervisory, team-building, motivating and decision-making skills in order to direct the team and ILA workforce on a daily basis to achieve operation goals. Is receptive to innovative ideas and suggestions, thinks strategically about the long-term and has a vision.
- Verbal/written communication skills to effectively communicate with individuals and departments at all levels.
- Exhibits sound decision making through planning and alternative solutions to problems that may arise.
- Ability to develop a rapport internally and externally with labor relations.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential function of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General office setting, typically the employee may sit comfortably to perform the work, usually at the computer terminal - with short breaks or lunch period. However, there may be some bending/stooping, reaching above shoulder level, walking; standing; carrying of light items such as papers, books or packages of up to 25 pounds. Should be able to hear and speak clearly using the phone / headset to communicate with customers; be able to navigate, view & enter information on the computer. May need to travel across the US & Canada and occasionally overseas. NATURE AND SCOPE:
WORK AND BUSINESS CONTACTS:
- This position directly reports into Director of Maintenance & Repair
- The functional operating line is director of operations and planning
- Geographical scope: Local
- Internal shared and divergent interests
- External shared and divergent interests
- Achieve the goals and targets assigned by the COO and Director Maintenance & Repair but not limited to:
- Equipment automation technology
- Equipment reliability & availability
- Financial performance & cost control
- Customer satisfaction
- Internal business processes definition and improvement
- Global training programs
- Local North America training programs
location: ELIZABETH, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
The Manager, Maintenance Digitization
is responsible for managing maintenance area functions and maintenance area team of Equipment automation, Equipment reliability, Maintenance processes and of Digitization of maintenance work procedures at our client. The person will manage the design and implementation of maintenance process, procedures, technologies and digitation for terminal maintenance functions and the terminal container handling equipment.
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Mechanical Engineering
- Plant Management
- Capital Equipment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.