job summary: Position Overview:
Focus on collecting high quality data for sensors and algos development. The role will also focus on literature reviews for data collection methods and human physiology, where appropriate. This is business critical work, required to enable shipping of Rohan. Responsibilities:
Top 3 Responsibilities:
- Observe usability testing sessions, taking notes, and providing detailed transcripts for the team.
- Assist with user testing preparation activities.
- Code user research videos.
- Create highlight videos/screenshots, and assisting with data analysis and report documentation.
- Assist with data collection activities.
- Conduct literature reviews.
- Run competitive analyses.
- Observing usability testing sessions, taking notes, and providing detailed transcripts for the team.
- Assisting with user testing preparation activities.
- Assisting with data collection activities
- Minimum 5-7+ years of experience in a Human Factors or similar type role (relevant master thesis work may qualify).
- B.S. in Bioengineering/Human Factors/Ergonomics/ Mechanical Engineering or similar with extensive work experience have potential for consideration.
- Experience converting research findings into actionable insights for product development.
- strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product development phase.
- Excellent observational, interpersonal, oral and written communication, and collaboration skills.
- Can work independently and prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects.
- Ability to understand the strategic impact and how to maintain best practices.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the team and escalate them to the manager.
- Interest in general research and/or user research methods.
- Excellent observation skills.
- Detailed oriented and ability to be responsive to varying needs and changing priorities.
- Preferably M.A./M.S. or PhD in Bioengineering/Human Factors/Ergonomics/Mechanical Engineering or other similar field.
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 66 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Design, run and interpret complex quantitative user studies.
- Prepare user testing activities (ex. create screener, recruit participants, lab setup, coordinate support materials, coordinate studies across multiple teams and stakeholders etc.).
- Run user research sessions in the lab and field.
- Convey findings and formulate recommendations clearly utilizing critical thinking.
- Establish rapport with stakeholders, understand their requests and present research findings that address their questions.
- Collaborate with other researchers on reviewing study plans, suggesting methodologies, assisting with data analysis.
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.