job summary: Position Description
- Observing usability testing sessions, taking notes, and providing detailed transcripts for the team.
- Assisting with user testing preparation activities or administration of protocols.
- Coding user research videos.
- Creating highlight videos/screenshots, and assisting with data analysis and report documentation.
- Assisting with data collection activities and recruitment.
Mandatory Required Skills:
- 60+ wpm when transcribing Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a related field (computer science, psychology, sociology, industrial engineering, etc.) or 1+ years experience working in a user/human-computer interaction/psychology research lab, Familiarity with user research methods, Attention to detail,
- Ability to follow a study protocol,
- Ability to learn quickly without repeat instructions,
- Ability to work independently when needed
- Programming experience/familiarity, Database experience/familiarity, Desire to continue a career in user research
location: Madison, Wisconsin
job type: Contract
salary: $15 - 28 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Interest in general research and/or user research methods
- Excellent observation skills
- Detailed oriented and ability to be responsive to varying needs and changing priorities
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.