job summary: SUMMARY
The IT Digital Product Owner has the responsibility to understand product capabilities and ability to support business needs. The IT Digital Product Owner will work with the business sponsor to determine the product roadmap and will document business rules, interface requirements and product user stories.
The IT Digital Product Owner serves as the conduit between the customer community and the software development team through which requirements and product capabilities are assessed and balanced.
The IT Digital Product Owner maintains continuous involvement in the product throughout the product's life cycle.
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: KEY COMPETENCIES
- Listening and observation skills, to understand what people say and to detect what they might be hesitant to say.
- Interviewing and questioning skills, to talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to surface essential requirements information.
- strong analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
- Facilitation skills, to lead meetings as needed.
- Leadership skills, to create a collaborative environment and influence people to move toward a common goal.
- Communication skills, to communicate information effectively and in appropriate forms to customers, stakeholders, management, and technical staff.
- Organizational skills, to work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information.
- Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of current materials, methods, technology and practices of the Company
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Product Owner (3 years of experience is required)
- Mobile Application Development
- Ecommerce Applications
- Scrum Master
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.