job summary: Position Description
The Salesforce Developer will play a key role within the Chronicle Sales Systems team. You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for accelerating and streamlining the sales experience. You will be developing on our Salesforce platform, including Sales Cloud, Support Cloud, Communities and Configure-Price-Quote (CPQ). You will use your acute business process knowledge, appreciation for simplicity, and critical thinking to create programmatic solutions that meet organizational objectives. At Chronicle, the Sales Systems team offers efficient solutions to overcome roadblocks. The team identifies time-consuming internal processes and then builds solutions using Apex and Java that are reliable and scalable enough to work within the size and scope of the company. You listen to and translate stakeholder requirements into high-level technical specifications. Additionally, you design and develop recommended systems and consult with the Sales Systems team to ensure smooth deployment and user adoption. With your technical expertise, you not only build business applications using Apex, but influence the design of Salesforce features that improve the usability and usefulness of our systems, and memorialize deployments using a Solution Design Document.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- 5 years of experience successfully developing (coding), implementing, and supporting large scale, technically complex solutions on Force.com platform, Salesforce, and associated ecosystem
- Salesforce Platform Developer Certification
- Expertise developing using
(1) SFDC development suite including: Apex Classes, Apex, Triggers, and AJAX, SOQL, SOSL, VisualForce;
(3) integration using web services API like REST and SOAP with third party tools, and outbound messaging for implementing web services
- Thorough understanding of integration concepts, methodologies, and technologies
- Experience driving system enhancement efforts to completion by gathering and assessing user requirements with Sales Systems team Provide configuration, development and application support to the teams enabling enhanced productivity, reporting capabilities, and collaboration Clear communication - must be able to explain complex systems and technical topics in a clear, concise manner to others who may have minimal technical knowledge using oral, written, and visual presentations Solid understanding of enterprise technology stack and its application across a SaaS company architecture Familiarity with Sales processes (e.g. Lead to Cash, Quote to Cash, Forecasting, etc
location: Sunnyvale, California
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 80 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain solutions leveraging, programmatic and declarative development, as well as application configuration in Salesforce using Lightning, Apex, VisualForce and other Salesforce platform tools
- Provide technical design, integration architecture, and solution recommendations
- Establish best practices and influence and shape development guidelines
- Manage releases, including design and code review
- Work collaboratively as needed to identify root causes of production issues and deploy fixes
- Support all tools within the Sales Systems tech stack, including those outside of Salesforce.com
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.