The Service Desk Analyst
is the first point of contact for the client supported end users and IT partners who are seeking technical assistance within the End User Support Contact Center. The primary role of the Service Desk Analyst is to handle the processing of tier 1 support and infrastructure calls. The Service Desk Analyst will provide high quality customer service and problem resolution to all supported customers. If the Service Desk Analyst is unable to resolve a reported incident or request, they will determine the priority, type, and magnitude of each issue to categorize and escalate support, as needed. The Service Desk Analyst will effectively collaborate and communicate with other End User Support Team members, internal and external IT support groups, and client Management to resolve issues quickly and efficiently. Incumbents of positions at this level receive supervision from employees of higher grade who provide training, guidance on procedures, instructions on work assignments, review work performance to ensure accuracy of work, completeness of work, and compliance with policies, procedures and practices.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $22 - 24 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: Detailed Statement of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer incoming calls professionally and courteously within the specified timeframes and create tickets accordingly.
- Record, troubleshoot, and track incidents and requests received either through phone, email or work management system for all tier 1 calls.
- Perform all tier 1 level triage and support as sdetail3ed in the Knowledge Base documentation.
- Provide a central contact point for fast and effective problem diagnosis, determination and resolution.
- Escalate tickets effectively to Tier 2 or 3 teams within timeframes outlined in Service Level Agreements.
- Ensure all ticket, tasks and projects are assigned and processed within expected timeframes.
- Adhere to and meet all Service Desk Service Level Agreements (SLA's) and Quality Review Standards.
- Alert management of any system or workflow issues or trends (minor or significant) as needed.
- Communicate and work regularly with other functional groups to ensure all tickets and escalated issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Analyze and troubleshoot customer hardware and software problems and escalate to appropriate tier 2 team when needed.
- Provide job trainings to new hires and less experienced staff when needed.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of customer issues and their resolutions.
- Adhere to ticket writing requirements as outlined in the Ticket Management Process.
- Ensure security protocols and accuracy as it pertains to all Commonwealth business processes.
Incumbents at this level have the decision-making authority to:
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Diagnose and resolve problems according to standard operating procedures/knowledge base documents.
- Determine level of support required to escalate/resolve issues.
- Prioritize and manage workload.
- Escalate complex issues to supervisor or manager.
- Escalate potential major incidents to service desk operations promptly.
- Maintain documentation as required and notify supervisor or manager of insufficient documentation.
- Verify and confirm customer data and document as required.
Education and Certifications:
- Minimum 2-3 years of professional experience working in a technical Service Desk or call center environment.
- Knowledge and skill in applying basic IT principles and practices to address Tier 1 issues.
- Ability to gather and analyze basic facts and draw conclusions.
- Knowledge of personal computers including hardware, operating systems, and application software.
- Understanding the components of a PC and laptop and the ability to perform basic troubleshooting of problems.
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office and O365 products such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Skype, SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams and VPN.
- Basic knowledge of technical terminology.
- Ability to maintain accurate documentation with attention to detail.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Ability to follow documented procedures and instructions.
- Ability to work independently in a team-oriented, collaborative, and ever-changing technical environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage workload in a high-pressured environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative, and ever-changing technical environment.
- Ability to adjust to changing situations to meet emergencies or changing program/production requirements.
- Excellent communication and writing skills with the ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Microsoft, Cisco, or CompTIA certification desirable.
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.