We have a 6 month renewable contract for a Jr. Project Manager, Scrum Master with a client of ours in RTP, NC.
Summary of the role
We are seeking an Agile Implementation Specialist to...
(1) Be our Agile Team Coach, guiding the team of 9 people in its transition from old ways of working to the Agile principles and Agile way of work, at an appropriate pace for adoption
(2) Serve as Scrum Master to the Learning & Transformation Team, scheduling, hosting, and facilitating all scrum ceremonies
(3) Own and manage the LeanKit visual work board and teach the team to use it consistently
(4) Partner effectively with the Product Owner for maximum business benefit (5) Model the transformation to Agile ways of working and demonstrate the Agile manifesto in action
Purpose of the role
The Agile Implementation Specialist demonstrates agile leadership through coaching, mediation, and team support. You will support the Learning & Transformation team in delivering value through facilitating agile ceremonies, building and implementing agile best practices, helping the team become high-performing and measuring progress towards delivery goals and agile team maturity. You will embed with the team and proactively gain trust, leading by example.
location: Durham, North Carolina
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 6pm
What we need from you ...
- You inspire the team to be open to new ideas and think in new ways
- Your written and verbal communication is outstanding, proactive and consistent, ensuring clarity and alignment across the team and with the Product Owner
- Your commitment to supporting the team is evident by all team members
- You articulate the business benefit of Agile and gently indoctrinate the team with that mindset
- You regularly assess the team's Agile maturity, which informs your coaching approach
- You are effective at coaching and developing people Nuts and bolts of the job...
- Ability to work with a team as a Scrum Master while being an advocate and understanding what is needed to deliver quality assets in an R&D environment
- Facilitate the Agile ceremonies necessary to help the team succeed
- Identify impediments and proactively help the team removing them
- Assess and coach the team to higher levels of Agile maturity, at a sustainable and comfortable pace for the team and organization
- Comfortable executing against tasks that are occasionally ambiguous, but works independently to seek out needed information
- Help the team account for items committed; make sure no items are neglected or not accounted for
- Is not the type to wait for others to tell them "what to do next", but who proactively looks to fill their work queue
- Enjoys working in a team of high performers, who hold each other accountable to perform to their very best
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Provide support to the team by leading by example
- Lean-in during times of need, identify how to be a team contributor in some aspect
- Support, educate and be able to support the product part of the business (at times), especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Be willing to help write user stories, or take program wants/needs and translate them into acceptance criteria for stories
- Daily engage in the Scrum activities to keep the team running smoothly and connected
- Other evolving duties as the role blossoms Do you have....
- Good skills and demonstration of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, communication and transparency
- 3 recent and consecutive years of experience as certified Scrum Master (with certification still active)
- Excellent speaking and writing skills
- Excellent articulation of ideas
- Ability to submarine from high level ideas to low levels of detail/depth
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Experience with market research and/or analytics tools and data visualization platforms.
- Sound emotional intelligence for thriving in a diverse workplace
- Energetic, proactive, positive, flexible and able to thrive in a fast-paced, and ever-evolving environment
- A team player who can take differing viewpoints into consideration and maintain grounded when decisions are in conflict with your perspective
- A continuous learner who is eager to take on new challenges
- Willing to wear multiple hats in support of teammates and joint objectives
- Transparent and open, offering ideas and constructive feedback
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Project Management (3 years of experience is required)
- Srum Master (1 year of experience is required)
- Agile Methodology (2 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.