Ideal candidate will be writing software and firmware for use in mobile printers that the company manufactures and used throughout by end clients sunch as Hertz and Fedex who use them to print receipts.They are looking for people who are well experiend in C/C++ programming language and who has close to 5-8 yrs experience, has computer science background in muti-threading and synchonization, and is a team player, enthusiastic and high energy.
location: Lincoln, Rhode Island
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 68 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Perform manual test and design, debug, and develop automated tests and test infrastructure in a quality manner consistent with company and departmental standards and procedures.
- Document designs and software, update preexisting documentation, as appropriate, with context, data flow and/or state diagrams, structure and flow charts, pseudocode, and source statement commentary.
- Test products under specified and/or reasonable conditions under which it may operate.
- Work with engineers in Firmware, Software, Electrical and Mechanical groups to test and debug features and improvements. Work with support to reproduce, root cause and fix customers issues.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field of firmware development, software languages, techniques, and methods.
- Investigate problems and recommend solutions. Implement any required corrective action.
- Advise and assist developers in the design or modification of firmware.
- Accurately estimate time to complete tasks. Upon accepting the estimates of others, complete the task to schedule in a timely manner
- Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications
- BS/MS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related fields.
- Experience and knowledge of embedded software/firmware development and Software tool development in a real time environment.
- Must be proficient in C as well as C++.
- Must have experience with computer science fundamentals including data structures, multi-threading and synchronization.
- Experience develping Software/Firmware in an agile development environment
- Familiarity with various communication protocols and various processors.
- Skills in OOD, Design patterns, Structured design, Design Documentation, Debugging Techniques are desired.
- Experience with python and scripting languages desirable
- Experience with Bluetooth and Wifi development desirable.
- Experience with QNX O/S and IMX processors desirable.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Proven problem solver and impediment remover, finds solution to blockers and helps resolve technical issues quickly to achieve schedule.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Agile Methodology
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.