The Director of IoT Development is responsible for providing vision guidance and direction for software development, Data Scientists and System architecture group. This role is key to our IoT development to ensure the product is optimized to meet marketplace needs.
This role will work closely with leaders across the Clients team (Product Manager, Services team, and IT team) to ensure the development of infrastructure, software and hardware platform that provides strategic value for the organization. The Director will be responsible for technology strategy, software development leadership, data scientists, process improvement, risk mitigation, budget management, and hiring. We need a hands-on leader with an entrepreneurial spirit who can inspire and coach the development team members.
location: Thomasville, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $130,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Key Responsibilities:
- Leadership and management of IoT development team providing overall technical direction. Ensuring the successful releases of future product enhancements and changes.
- Direction and leadership for the IoT data scientists, ensuring the data science solutions are productionized and optimized.
- Leadership to the data science team members to develop solutions that provide key customer results to improve business outcomes
- Management of the entire IoT stack from infrastructure, device hardware, firmware and software through the design, integration, and testing.
- Mobile Application development and execution to deliver a product to increase customer engagement and customer value
- Champion communications on technology and strategic initiatives for IoT throughout the organization
- Present issues and risks, and their business impact to management in a timely manner with proposed mitigation. Actively seeks and removes impediments to team success regardless of where they originate.
- Continuously improves IoT software development productivity, quality, predictability, and team morale.
- Establish people management and processes to attract and retain the best talent in the software and technology space.
- Experience level: Director
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.