Software Engineers apply the principles of software engineering to the design, development, maintenance, testing, and evaluation of the software and systems work to the specified requirements. The ideal candidate should have 3-5 years of experience with ServiceNow and have a comprehensive understanding of the ServiceNow ITOM suite (including core process areas in ITOM such as Discovery population, ServiceMapping, building patterns, custom probes and sensors).
location: Madison, Wisconsin
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
A day in the life:
- Understand the big picture of the ServiceNow Discovery solution
- Install and configure multiple MID Servers
- Understand Credential less and Credential based Discovery
- Configure Discovery to find:Linux and Windows Servers
- Network Devices
- Prevent Duplicate CIs with CI Identifiers
- Create New CI Classes
- Extend Horizontal Discovery with custom:
- Infrastructure Patterns
- Application Patterns
- Configuring a MID Server
- Configuring Credentials for ServiceMapping
- Working with the Command Line Console for ServiceMapping
- Basic Event Management
- Working with and Migrating Patterns Between Environments for ServiceMapping
- Configuring Identification Rules for ServiceMapping
- Discovery of multi-tier services including advanced pattern configuration for ServiceMapping
- Experience working with Agile teams, methodologies, and tools in a virtual environment.
- A passion for advising and guiding customers on how to get the most out of the product and for learning the latest product features.
- A love of working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and entrepreneurial environment with smart and fun people.
- ServiceNow certifications: ServiceNow Certified System Administrator with delta exams complete through Paris, ServiceNow Certified Application Developer
- ServiceNow trainings complete: Discovery Fundamentals, Service Mapping Fundamentals, Service Mapping Implementation
-Participate in all technical aspects of delivering complex Discovery, ServiceMapping, and CMDB solutions on the ServiceNow platform.
-Create lasting value and enhanced experiences.
-Collaborate effectively with team members to achieve project goals and produce a variety of high-quality deliverables.
-Contribute to agile structured projects and tools to enhance project efficiency.
-Demonstrate flexibility by delivering on a variety of project roles; including documentation, testing, and training.
-Innovate and identify solutions that maintain database quality and business outcomes.
-Proactively keep ServiceNow skills current and contribute to team discussions.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- ServiceNow (3 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.