job summary: Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- 8+ years in the software engineering profession across entire SDLC
- Must have experience with eCommerce / Digital Applications.
- 4+ years of prior hands-on experience in Java/J2EE programming developing enterprise class Application (including Web, Mobile) with multiple frameworks (React, AngularJS, NodeJS or Groovy or Scala, etc.)
- 4+ years of experience building/designing highly scalable digital application
- 3+ years of experience as a Java/Web Architect
- 3+ years of experience with Responsive CSS
- Good understanding of Google Web Optimization guidelines, Web Performance best practices and search engine optimization
- Prior experience consuming REST Applications / Micro services
- Good Understanding DevOps principle and associated tools such Jenkin, Automation script
- Good understanding of web application networking and communication flows.
- Demonstrated success designing and building high-quality, scalable commercial software applications
- Proven experience delivering software using an Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience with application monitoring tools - Dynatrace, Splunk, New relic
- We cannot provide sponsorship upon conversion
- Software development Design Architecture experience
- Prior experience with Open Source Frameworks and other tools including Spring, Webflux, Hibernate, Log4J/Commons logging, Maven, Ant
- Prior experience building cross platform web application
- Prior experience in NO SQL databases
- Prior experience using Eclipse, JBOSS Studio, Rational Application Developer or other similar tools
- Quick to learn new technologies and deliver Proof-of-Concept
- Cloud architecture Knowledge
- Knowledge of IT governance
- Knowledge of the United Healthcare business and technology landscape
location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $65.00 - 81.25 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- Lead and mentor/guide software engineers within the team
- Drive some of the software engineering phases including requirements analysis, architecture & application design
- Ensure team is building reusable components, frameworks and libraries which can be leveraged across department
- Ensure team is following good design principal to build scalable and high performant application.
- Support the development team by validating that the design of their app is in line with requirements, solution design, guidelines and direction/roadmap.
- Participate actively in Agile/SCRUM meetings.
- Identify areas of process improvements and build automated solutions to increase efficiency & performance for web based application
- Collaborate with the business to evaluate business goals, identify business problems, and propose solutions
- Plan and strategize with other key leaders including resource, technology and product-services planning
- Design and develop innovative solutions to meet current and future needs of the business
- Work very closely with architecture groups and drive solutions
- Research, identify, and recommend industry best practices and emerging trends for solving business problems
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.