job summary: CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages various user experience projects related to Client mobile, (Agent and Customer Experiences), Client Business Mobile, and Content disciplines, with limited supervision
- Coordinates with various cross-functional teams to ensure clarity and progress around deliverables
- Creates & manages project plans and timelines
- Champions the process and facilitates understanding amongst partner teams
- Works with design leads for resourcing projects
- Multi-tasks and manages multiple teams and deliverables at once
- Understands budgets - forecasts and management
- ~5 years of Project Management / UX Studio Management / Design Operations experience
- Familiarity with Agile development processes
- Has solid understanding of best practices in project planning, delivery and resource allocation.
- Near expert-level knowledge of creative process and SDLC.
- Clearly understands nuances relating to experience design resource types, understands their skill sets and how each role functions within a project team.
- Uses expertise to offer guidance on ways to improve existing processes and may suggest new processes to help teams function more efficiently.
- Agency experience a plus
location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $43.02 - 53.02 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Able to dig into complex problems - is proactive in presenting and driving solutions to current roadblocks and is able to anticipate future issues.
- Embraces ambiguity to help find a path forward
- Acts as the go-to person on the project team for questions about timeline, resourcing, allocation and other tactical issues.
- Understands the overall scope and strategic importance of their projects within the overall program initiative.
- Responsible for timely status updates. Keeps project / program documentation current and makes sure team is aware of statuses & program health.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Project Management
- UX Studio
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.