Randstad Technologies is seeking a talented Back End Java Engineer for a contract assignment in the Portland Metro area. If you are ready to join a Global leader in the Retail space, please apply and Randstad will be more than happy to assist in helping you land your next role. We look forward to speaking with you soon!
location: BEAVERTON, Oregon
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
As a Software Engineer , you will bring a broad experience of successfully ideating and delivering value that enables the company to increase productivity, realize efficiencies and build profitable customer experiences. You will be responsible for building simple and intuitive APIs' for a very large developer community within the company. Interest and experience in the latest methodologies goes a long way here and we're looking for people who are passionate about the world of value-driven solution delivery. You'll get to work alongside truly talented teams and help them enhance their performance by promoting collaboration and innovation.
- 4+ years software development experience
- Experience working in a distributed/cloud-based environment (e.g. AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Prior experience in designing and implementing high-scale web applications
- Experience in micro service architecture and RESTful Services using languages such as Java or Node.js
- Experience working with NoSQL data stores like Cassandra, DynamoDB, or MongoDB
- Experience with continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests. Continuous delivery experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Scrum and agile principles
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Commitment to and hands-on experience in performing technical code reviews
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other relevant subject area. 2 years additional relevant professional experience accepted in lieu of degree
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.