The R&D Software Engineer
oversees and designs new capabilities at the intersection of digital and physical with the mindset of innovate, execute, and grow. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possesses deep understanding of the complete product cycle of software design from requirements, block diagrams, simulation, tools selection, coding, validation of modules / product, test report, risk analysis and mitigation strategy.
- Utilizes knowledge and experience to perform integration testing using various lab equipment.
- Shows good thought leadership in designing embedded system software, associated data acquisition and processing devices on SOC (system of a chip) architecture.
- Serves as a consultant and expert for data communication, kernel and application layers.
- Trains and supports team members to enable their capabilities and accomplish the department's priorities.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with the team and business to ensure collaboration and alignment within and outside of the department.
- Using knowledge and expertise, solves unique and complex issues, recommends architecture and processes, recommends changes to existing architecture and processes.
- Helps drive agile and DevOps culture of implementation and product management culture.
location: Exton, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive hands on experience with development of Embedded C code on a Chip (SOC) boards, designing solutions and building prototypes
- Experience with Open source development platforms (e.g. Arduino)
- strong knowledge of programing using SDK for various SOC boards in the market
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, UART, SPI, I2C, CAN and USB etc. with excellent debugging skills
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment in making decisions and resolving complex problems related to general & technical aspects of the job. Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, policies and business practices to achieve results.
Education and Experience:
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally up to 15%
Bachelor's degree or equivalent with specialization in Electrical or Computer Science
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Embedded Software Design
- Embedded Software Testing
- Embedded Software Full Lifecycle
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.