Sr. DevOps Engineer
The Sr. DevOps Engineer will be responsible for defining best practices on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and collaborating with development teams to engage these processes for AWS test environments and production deployment. They will also own, extend, and maintain the AWS based infrastructure hosting the CI/CD tools and ensures a scalable infrastructure to support the Company's product and development team needs.
location: IRVINE, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $140,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Defines best practices on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and collaborates with development teams to engage these processes for AWS test environments and production deployment.
- Designs and develops new automation solutions to infrastructure engineering problems.
- Owns, extends, and maintains the AWS based infrastructure hosting the CI/CD tools and ensures a scalable infrastructure to support the Company's product and development team needs.
- Works with multiple AWS environments for best practices architecture, cost optimization, and security.
- Works closely with development and infrastructure teams to create, develop, and stand up infrastructure solutions needed for software solutions delivery.
- Serves as technical expert resolving problems related to system integration, compatibility and multiple platform integration.
- Collaborates on continuous integrations, rapid deployment, and testing of software for infrastructure and product use.
- Provides consultative assistance to development teams in leveraging automation and monitoring tools for continuous improvement of application deployments and monitoring.
- Owns and supports DevOps projects and software in production systems.
- Ensures maximum uptime of cloud hosted environments, including production, staging, testing and development environments.
- Maintains and documents all DevOps systems, projects, and processes.
- Collaborates in assessment of products and services for DevOps functions.
- Implements and/or improves continuous delivery of software.
- Keeps current on trends and technological innovations in the IT industry, making recommendations for opportunities to improve efficiency of performance and software.
- Participates in Cloud team support rotation.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- DevOps (5 years of experience is required)
- AWS (2 years of experience is required)
- Kafka (2 years of experience is required)
- Jenkins (2 years of experience is required)
- DataDog (2 years of experience is required)
- New Relic (2 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.