The ideal candidate will have a track record of accomplishments in academia or in the life sciences/pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry. The successful candidate is likely to have a background in computer science, bioinformatics, molecular biology, or biochemistry with 5 years' experience working with data in the life sciences. This role requires superior skills in programs including Python or R, as well as a highly collaborative work ethic.
location: Redwood City, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $155,000 - 165,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Perform exploratory data analysis, data verification and cleaning, robust & reproducible statistical analysis with comprehensive reporting of results.
- Design clear and succinct visualizations to communicate insights from novel analysis
- Present analysis and results to the product, research and senior leadership teams
- Mentor and train junior data scientists
- Partner with the data engineering team to suggest and deploy changes to the computational pipelines
- Carefully curate generated data sets, maintaining provenance and accessibility
- Stay current with developments in data science and internally promote new techniques/ideas
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Masters (required)
- SQL (4 years of experience is required)
- Python (4 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.