Randstad Technologies has an immediate job opportunity for a Junior Software Developer. In this role you will be responsible for defining, developing, testing, analyzing, and maintaining new software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes requirements gathering / blueprinting, functional / technical specification development in addition to writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications.
You will also be responsible for gathering, researching, design, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production life cycle. RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Collaborate with internal / external Customers, Process Automation Engineers and Designers in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications.
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures.
- Define / assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software's business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Define / assist in definition of software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all internal and external program users.
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications, as necessary.
- Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Generate statistics and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
- Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines.
- Train end users to operate new or modified programs.
- Install software products for end users as required.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior team members.
Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
SAP exposure in an environment is a preference.
OCCUPATIONAL AND/OR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrated understanding of coding methods and best practices.
- Thorough understanding of platforms such as .Net, Web Services, SQL and SharePoint.
- strong relational database and operating systems experience with SQL and Windows Server 20XX.
- Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies.
- Hands-on experience developing test cases and test plans.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- strong customer-service orientation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to conduct research into application development issues and products.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- strong attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced, results driven environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Some travel at plant location may be required for the purpose of offsite software and system development.
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
location: Knoxville, Tennessee
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Please see position details.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- .NET (3 years of experience is required)
- SAP (1 year of experience is preferred)
- SHAREPOINT DEVELOPER
- SQL Server developer
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.