Our enterprise client in central New Jersey has an immediatel opening fo ra Senior Data Protection Engineer. The temp to perm candidate will be part of a team to manage data protection and data loss prevention solutions, policies to protect PII and firm sensitive information by implementing appropriate controls, providing visibility through reporting. This position will be responsible for expanding DLP solutions into the Cloud, build processes, solutions and document the information for operational support.
location: Warren, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $50.00 - 59.93 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Assist in the selection, architecture, design, implementation, and maintenance of Data Protection and Data Loss Prevention tools including CASB, data classification, DLP, SIEM and EDR.
- Assist with the formulation, configuration, promulgation, and enforcement of data loss prevention policies, including data use, access control, data encryption and obfuscation policies.
- Work with different teams to improve the DLP solution by updating the policies, identifying rules which require fine tuning, and remediation to meet internal & external regulatory requirements.
- Document all the Engineering solutions, automate and hand off to operational support for maintenance
- Automate scanning solutions for improving efficiencies with DLP scanning program for Data at Rest.
- Document enterprise data at rest and in-use, including data locations, physical and logical data flows.
- Analyze normal data usage patterns, including business process analysis, user behavior analysis, and user personas.
- Analyze existing data-loss threats and vulnerabilities
- Assist with the implementation of a framework for classifying sensitive data including overseeing the configuration of classification technology tools.
- Participate in the ongoing monitoring of potential data loss.
- Support and participate in the security incident response team.
- Create IT workflows, with interlock to Legal and HR on how to triage privacy incidents and events. When a privacy incident event happens, partner with Legal on response.
- Analyze potential data-loss breaches to determine their impact and root cause.
- Upgrade data-loss security measures and controls.
- Partner with representatives of IT and other key business organizations to advance data protection initiatives.
- Develop a high-level of trust with stakeholders to ensure on-going commitment
- Foster a team environment, open to communication and collaboration
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- System Engineer
- SECURITY ANALYST (3 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.