The R&D Hardware Engineer
has expert level capabilities and knowledge. Oversees and designs new capabilities at the intersection of digital and physical with the mindset of innovate, execute, and grow. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Possesses deep understanding of the complete product cycle of hardware design from requirements, hardware design document, design level block diagrams, power estimation, circuit design, simulation, component selection, Schematic design, Validation of Layout & Gerber, Test report, Risk Analysis.
location: Exton, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Utilizes knowledge and experience to perform integration testing using various lab equipment.
- Shows thought leadership in designing the future embedding systems, hardware engineering and development associated with SOC (system of a chip) architecture.
- Serves as a center of excellence for all hardware dependency in the development process of embedded systems and modules.
- Trains and supports team members to enable their capabilities and accomplish the department's priorities.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with the team and business to ensure collaboration and alignment within and outside of the department.
- Using knowledge and expertise, solves unique and complex issues, recommends architecture and processes, recommends changes to existing architecture and processes.
- Helps drive agile and devops culture of implementation and product management culture.
Physical and Travel Requirements
- Experience with PCB layout software for rapid prototyping (Altium, Autodesk Eagle or equivalent)
- Experience assembling prototype devices by using common form-factor components: soldering through-hole/SMD devices, breadboard assembly, digital simulation
- Proficiency with electrical engineering design of printed circuit boards and systems
- High-level programming language proficiency: Java, C, and Python preferred
- Experience programming Arduino devices, or similar microcontrollers
- Ability to find answers utilizing all available resources both internally and externally
- Ability to learn new technologies to build and grow skills across MCU and Wireless technologies
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug electronic systems, circuits, and devices, soldering and hands on debug skills
- Experience with common test equipment/software (network analyzers, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, protocol and signaling testers). The ability to use the test equipment in a hands-on lab environment.
- Knowledge of different wireless communication systems such as GSM/UMTS/CDMA/LTE, 802.11, Bluetooth, GPS, etc.
- Extensive hands on design experience with System on a Chip (SOC) boards that incorporate BLE, NFC or similar RF communication channels
- Working knowledge of programing using Embedded C for various SOCs / Microcontrollers in the market
- Working knowledge of UART, SPI, I2C, etc.
Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally up to 15%
Education and Experience:
- Read and interpret data, information and documents.
- Must be able to multi-task, work under time constraints, problem solve, and prioritize.
- Observe and interpret situations, analyze and solve problems.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience with specialization in Electronics or equivalent
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.