We are looking for someone who has transformed legacy applications & systems into next-generation cloud-native platforms on GCP or Azure. This person will provide thought leadership as begin our journey on building next-generation merchandising platforms. The successful candidate would have demonstrated deep domain knowledge in Retail, Omni-Commerce, and Digital including staying abreast with industry and competitive trends. In addition, a clear appreciation of future technology trends and a proven track record of innovation is required. This role requires a fine balance between hands-on engineering and technology thought leadership. Perform other duties as assigned.
location: Duluth, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $200,000 - 220,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Owns and leads the vision, strategy, and adoption of cloud.
- Drives world-class design and development of high scalable cloud native Omni platforms.
- Evangelizes cloud automation and be a thought leader and expert defining standards for building and maintaining cloud platforms.
- Solid understanding and experience in cloud computing-based services architecture, technical design and implementations including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
- Experience developing shared services like database, caching, messaging in cloud.
- Collaborate across all units to understand business strategy & align cloud services.
- Development and delivery of reference architectures that will be used across the organization to enable standardized cloud solutions.
- Communicate complex technical choices and tradeoffs in easy to understand, business-friendly language.
- Develop best practices around securing and leveraging cloud services.
- Be a lead through in depth discussions to choose cloud services and move new designs forward.
- Engage with cloud providers as needed.
- Recommend cost-effective strategies to migrate existing workloads to cloud.
- Balance standardized solution recommendations with business unit requirements.
- Ability to explain constraints, limitations, and best practices to leverage cloud offerings.
- Consistently demonstrate regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Experience level: Director
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- Google Cloud Platform (5 years of experience is preferred)
- Azure (5 years of experience is preferred)
- Cloud Computing Architecture (5 years of experience is required)
- Java (5 years of experience is required)
- SQL (5 years of experience is required)
- NoSQL (5 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.