The qualified Lead Software Architect will have demonstrated the ability to think strategically about businesses, create technical definitions around customer objectives in complex situations, develop solution strategies, motivate & mobilize resources, and deliver results. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is a critical component to be successful in this role. We seek team members who are self-motivated, driven, collaborative, passionate about AWS and want to have a direct positive impact on our customer's business. Solid communication skills and emotional intelligence are also needed to help develop a team reporting to you.
location: San Antonio, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $143,000 - 152,000 per year
work hours: 7am to 4pm
education: High School
What you'll be doing
- As the Lead Software Architect, you will be technically focused but also will understand business planning
- Be the technical liaison between customers and engineering resources
- Provide tactical scope and work directly with the business representatives/customers to understand the requirements driving the need for a solution to be developed
- Lead teams of both business and technical colleagues throughout the course of the project, and communicate with each of them effectively
- Ensure that all the appropriate questions are asked and verify that nothing crucial to the success of the project is overlooked
- Be an AWS evangelist by educating a variety of customers on the value of AWS
- Help customers transition to the cloud in a high-value migration approach that leverages best of breed designs and practices delivered in an agile model.
- Establish credibility and build impactful relationships with our customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Lead and participate in deep architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new, or migrating existing, applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
- Author and contribute to the organization and AWS's customer-facing publications such as whitepapers, tutorials, blog posts, etc.
- Attend and present valuable information at Industry Events
- Traveling up to 50% of the time
- Hold regular 1:1 meetings with members of your team to share feedback, provide an avenue for trusted communications, and to help with their career development.
- Provide coaching for team members and help establish and track goals.
- 7+ years design & implementation experience with distributed applications
- 5+ years of experience in networking, infrastructure, or database architectures
- Experience with AWS architecture and services
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT management, and developers
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to right level conversations
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Leadership skills to effectively communicate and manage a technical team
Nice to have
- 5+ years' of experience in customer-facing software/technology or consulting
- Minimum 3+ years' of experience with "on-premises to cloud" migrations or IT transformations
- Minimum 3+ years' of experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS (ideally) or other Cloud platforms
- Technical degree; Computer Science or related
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional certification
Our client is the multicloud solutions expert. They combine our expertise with the world's leading technologies - across applications, data and security - to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: High School (required)
- Embedded Software Design
- Embedded Software Full Lifecycle
- Software Architecture
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.