Acting under the supervision of the Enterprise Medical Imaging (EMI) Manager, develop and maintain complex applications used to support Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning model development and inference deployment. These applications are used to develop systems that improve the quality of service provided by clinical departments and must meet the highest quality standards in terms of uptime, usability and accuracy. The Software Engineer II actively participate in projects, guiding the work of other developers in user interface design, development, testing and rollout of applications. Each project will push the envelope of conventional methodologies, requiring proof-of-concepts and frequent scope changes until the desired system is attained. The Software Engineer II is also responsible to provide ongoing support and maintenance for released applications.
location: SOMERVILLE, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 63 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- In conjunction with the EMI Manager and project stakeholders - designs, develops and tests new applications and expands on existing systems in use by the Enterprise Medical Imaging department.
- Ensures that the EMI department's development strategies are followed. Monitors timelines of their development projects and provides support or raises concerns to management to keep work on track.
- Works effectively with other technical team members to assist in the research, development, troubleshooting and testing that may be required for a specific application.
- Acts as a technical resource to other team members.
- Position may require carrying a rotating pager for off hours support of software applications.
- Develops applications in accordance with Enterprise Medical Imaging's standards for code production and documentation. Implements and follows quality control processes to minimize system downtime.
- Writes and maintains detailed internal documentation on developed systems. Provides training to department support personnel on the use of the developed systems. Takes responsibility for the security of medical, financial and other confidential information.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- machine learning
- application development
- medical imaging
- Technical Support
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.