The Systems Business Analyst II, will manage the conception, planning and monitoring of Incident and Change Management processes for the Enterprise Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Program. The individual is responsible for translating business requirement into project deliverables and will work closely with engineering to create and tune DLP policies. The Systems Business Analyst II applies effective project management skills and works closely with PMO teams in the areas of project planning, execution and reporting.
location: BOSTON/NY/NJ/REMOTE, Massachusetts/Remote
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: Planning, Organization and Maintenance
- Develop, maintain and promote adherence to processes that support DLP policy, incident and escalation management.
- Manage DLP policy database and DLP policy lifecycle
- Develop, measure and report on DLP metrics using SQL queries to pull data, and using BI reporting tools such as QLIK, COGNOS and Hyperion
- Identify opportunities to expand DLP Program capabilities and put plans in place to achieve objectives
- Review and assist in development of business case documentation, project plans and project workflows as requested by Project Manager.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a multi-year roadmap of initiatives to uphold the DLP Program strategy
Coaching & Development
- Translate business requests into IT requirements and support the creation, testing and implementation of DLP policies.
- Lead various initiatives to build new modules and enhance overall UI and user experience of platform
- Support business and privacy officer to comply with regulatory security standards and local laws.
- Review policies and regulatory mandates to ensure all necessary DLP controls are being evaluated and kept current
- Interview SMEs within business and systems groups to maintain an accurate current state analysis of the data loss risk environment across all enterprise information assets
- Assist in DLP policy prioritization activities by analyzing and documenting risk drivers and current state to support recommendations to senior business and systems leaders
Education Level/Relevant Experience
- Provides coaching and training to more junior Systems Business Analyst and future DLP Analysts
- Provide oversight functions for professional services/consulting resources as required
Knowledge and Skills
- BA/BS degree and/or related work experience.
- 3+ years of Business Analyst experience including writing business systems requirements, preferably at a financial services company.
- 2+ years of project work and project planning/management
- Data Loss Prevention experience a plus
- Ability to analyze current workflows and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Knowledge of all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle
- Knowledge of project methodologies and techniques
- Familiarity with Systems Infrastructure such as networking capabilities and systems integration
- strong interviewing skills
- strong written and oral communications skills
- Skills to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to create presentations using software such as Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Ability to use standard desktop tools effectively (Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office).
- Experience with Jira is a plus
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- data loss prevention
- Business Analysis
- project management
- Program Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.