The Associate Vice President User Experience will be responsible for building, sustaining, and guiding a new team. The user experience team will be focused on a three-prong mission to execute on projects, employing user-centered design to realize the Agency's strategic priorities; consultation, connecting across the organization to identify places where user-centered practices can be utilized; and serving as a center of excellence, uplifting and guiding the company to work in user-centered ways through communities of practice. You will have the ability to shape the strategic direction of user experience for the company and will have the responsibility for growing a new team, upskilling resources within the User Experience function, and establishing user experience best practices for the organization.
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Permanent
salary: $150,000 - 170,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: What You'll Be Doing (Essential Duties) Team Leadership
User Experience Design
- Support, coach, develop, and lead User Experience team, including team and individual goal setting, performance management, and staff care
- With team, establish user experience best practices and ensure team engagement and a cohesive approach
- Set team and individual priorities
- Shape the strategic direction of user experience, engaging user-centered design principles
- Work with internal business leaders to identify opportunities for
- Establish user experience best practices
- Engage and collaborate senior stakeholders and experience working cross-functionally to articulate business goals and user value
- Road map, using data and user insights to identify opportunities to meet business and user needs
- Lead and synthesize user research applying generative and evaluative research methodologies (interviews, usability tests, card sorts, competitive analyses, surveys, secondary/desk research, heuristic evaluations) to capture qualitative and quantitative data
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data to uncover patterns and generative insights
- Design and facilitate workshops to accelerate idea generation across multiple audience groups
- Lead a team from initial problem scoping through delivery of a solution; able to drive and evaluate project outputs-including design and strategy work
- Creates and evaluates user journey maps; exhibits strong storytelling abilities to share findings and communicate user impact
- Experience level: Director
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.