job summary: Required Skills/Experience:
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I, SAFe Agilest or Practitioner)
- 2- 5 years of experience in a Scrum Master role for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for eliciting change in team behavior (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.) Preferred Skills/Experience (Any of these is a plus):
- Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II, SPCT 4++)
- Knowledge of other agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team (.Net, Java, or other web development languages)
- Previous experience as a development team lead
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Contributions to the public around agile practices
location: Schaumburg, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $47.50 - 59.25 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: No Degree Required
- Provide leadership, direction and coaching to an agile team by encouraging them to adopt and mature good scrum processes
- Working closely with Product Owner and Architects to maintain the scrum backlog
- Facilitating core Scrum ceremonies and activities
- Utilizing tools such as Rally for backlog maintenance and release planning
- Removing impediments or guiding the team(s) to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team(s) using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.