We are seeking a Network Administrator to join our client's growing Infrastructure Team - someone who is passionate about their work and has hands-on experience with routing, switching and Cisco ASA's. This role is 100% remote with the exception of the occasional visit to a local Data Center - candidates must reside in the Dallas/Fort Worth Texas area
. Check out the job description below - read it closely, and if you feel you would be a fit, please submit an application today! Requirements
- Broad technical knowledge and experience of supporting and troubleshooting Cisco security platforms, including Cisco ASA, Sourcefire and Firepower equipment, FMC, ASDM and AnyConnect RA VPNs
- Broad technical knowledge and experience supporting and troubleshooting Cisco Catalyst Switches, Cisco ISR routers and NXOS switching platforms
- Experience of managing and troubleshooting networking protocols (IPSEC, BGP, OSPF, HSRP, 802.11, QoS)
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting Cisco Meraki MX security appliances
- Experience of managing and troubleshooting Azure Cloud Networking solutions
- Experience of managing and troubleshooting VPN/IPSEC networks, including Remote Access VPNS and Site-to-Site VPNs.
- Experience of managing and troubleshooting VoIP and Cisco Call Manager (CUCM) and Cisco Unity solutions.
- Experience of Network monitoring and management tools, such as Solarwinds.
- Experience of managing and troubleshooting networking technology including DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, VLAN, Proxy, RADIUS, OSI Model
- Experience of managing and troubleshooting Palo Alto Firewalls, Global Protect VPNs, including MFA authentication
- Experienced of working with dispersed teams across geographically and culturally diverse locations
- Technical credibility and independent judgment and decision-making experience on Networking matters
- Ability to overcome challenges in remote working such as overseas locations, cultural differences, split time-zones to ensure positive interactions
- Drive and enthusiasm
- Excellent communication and customer facing skills
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills, able to determine the impact of Network issues quickly
- Sound decision-making skills under pressure
- Able to contribute to strategic debates, helping to identify and address future opportunities and challenges
- Demonstrate planning, documentation, and organisational skills
- Experience of delivery using IT infrastructure management practices & standards, ITIL / ITSM principles and practices, & change management in large environments.
- IT security, and related practices and processes
- Experience of working in a complex highly federated organisation
- Experience of working in a Global organisation, with colleagues in multiple regions
- Technical Network qualifications or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things. Excellent ability to remain calm and work effectively during times of increased demand, with a willingness to "step up" when needed.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyses information skilfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values. A flexible, tolerant, resilient, collaborative and pro-active attitude to work is essential.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change; monitors transition and evaluates results.
location: Irving, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $83,000 - 102,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Delivery of defined Network Services to support SLAs and in collaboration with vendors where applicable
- Liaise with vendor support to manage maintenance planning and implementation (reactive and proactive) to minimize service disruption for Network Services
- Deliver Network infrastructure development / build activities (managed by Project Managers), including release and deployment management for new services
- Create and maintain operational and procedural documentation and escalation processes to ensure adherence to Network SLAs
- Manage the technical resolution of assigned Network problems, incidents, issues and emergencies with third party vendors, and liaise with Service Delivery Managers to ensure stakeholders are kept informed of incident status
- Manage 4th level support escalations (to Original Equipment Manufacturer)
- Ensure Network problems and resolutions are documented for future reference
- Manage the implementation of corrective procedures for prevention or system recovery of Network and associated infrastructure
- Work closely with the wider IS&T team to develop and deploy Network and Security features
- Work within tight timelines with awareness of impacts on the organisation
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Maintenance of network systems documentation, including configurations, logical and physical diagrams
- Monitor network performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Compliance with all relevant policies and procedures, in conjunction with the company's security team and IT management
- Proactive involvement in the remediation of IT Infrastructure issues, through controlled and organized ITSM processes, combined with continuous improvement of these processes
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Network Administration (4 years of experience is required)
- routing and switching (4 years of experience is required)
- tunneling protocols (4 years of experience is required)
- Cisco ASAs (4 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.