Our client is looking to hire a Remote UI/UX Designer. This person will manage user-experience (UX) and user-interface (UI) design projects and be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews, surveys, and focus groups, and translating those experiences into wireframes and high-fidelity user interface designs.
location: Sparks, Nevada
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Collaborating with an Agile development team for production-ready designs.
- Facilitating the developing product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, and
prototyping intuitive user experiences for digital products.
- Planning and executing design thinking and brainstorming sessions with the product team and
- Developing and delivering wireframes, user stories, style guides, user journeys, and mockups
optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Leading strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core and new functions and
- Developing interactive prototyping processes, including the engagement model, ethnographic, and
primary/secondary research requirements.
- Communicating the prototype's vision and relation to our brand promise to stakeholders,
leadership, and potential users.
- In conjunction with product leadership, creating the interaction and engagement model for
validating concepts and moving through the innovation discovery process with market focus
- Identifying design problems and devising innovative and aesthetically pleasing solutions.
- Implementing a user-centered design approach and methodology for user testing, including user
research, user feedback, and A/B testing.
- Improving and co-maintaining style standards such as Brand Book, Style Guide, and UI Kits.
- Researching and showcasing knowledge in the industry's latest trends and technologies. WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
To ensure success, you will have the ability to implement a human-centered design, design principles, and
color theory to produce the best aesthetics and simplified user experiences. You must have a deep
understanding of mobile-first and responsive design and design systems and familiar with Apple's Human
Interface Guidelines and Google's Material Design Guidelines. Working knowledge of SCRUM is also
preferred. This position also requires UX software expertise such as InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Sketch,
survey or Trello-like tools are a plus.
You enjoy startups and thrive in high-performing yet fluid environments. You can simultaneously support
multiple initiatives in various development stages and quickly pivot without losing traction on other
projects. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing
complex solutions for complete digital environments. YOUR EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
This position requires 5+ years of professional UX design experience, including mobile and visual design
and design research. A Bachelor's degree in human-computer interaction, information architecture,
interaction design, human factors engineering, or a related computer science from an accredited college or
university; or social science equivalent education/experience in the computer science field is required.
Extensive experience with user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Ux (5 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.