job summary: Lead Character Artist needed for a contract opportunity with Randstad Technologies client in Redmond, WA.
We are looking for an experienced and exceptional Lead Character Artist to join us on an unannounced project. Our group of experienced game developers is creating a new title that has amazing opportunities for visuals and gameplay. You will partner with artists, designers, and engineers to deliver best in class character art. If your interested and you are a leader in the industry that is experienced, motivated, and highly skilled, our team would love to meet you.
- Ability to productively collaborate and communicate with teammates
- Experience managing and mentoring internal and external character artists
- Deep understanding of current generation character pipelines with the know how to further develop them
- Advanced skills in character creation workflows
- Strong surfacing, color, and Substance Painter skills
- Experience implementing cloth, hair, and realistic anatomy and details.
- Excellent attention to detail regarding shape, scale, and proportion
- Ability to quickly understand where character detail is needed and where it is not
- Experience using masked materials and physically based rendering (PBR) workflows
- Strong concept and concept interpretation skills
- Ability to research, document, concept, manage, and design large and small projects
- Shipped multiple games using the Unreal game engine as a Senior or Lead Character Artist
- Portfolio demonstrating a variety of techniques and visually appealing characters.
- Training and tutoring skills are a plus
- Experience in photogrammetry
- Marvelous Designer
- Experience working on a first and\or third person game
- Previous experience working in feature film or tv animation pipeline
- Bachelor's degree in Art & Design
location: NEWPORT BEACH, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Create benchmark characters that set high visual and technical standards
- Imagine, craft, and produce characters that range from realistic to slightly stylized
- Work closely with the project Art Director and Leads to ensure the vision of the game is achieved
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary departments to hit visual and functional goals
- Seek out and define character iteration improvement and efficiency efforts
- Help prioritize and manage the character team's tasks to ensure best possible quality in a timely fashion
- Create and publish workflow and process documentation
- Provide written and verbal feedback to artists that are internal and external
- Manage, mentor and provide feedback to artists to ensure project goals are met
- Understand and communicate visual direction through words and images
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Character Art
- 3D Art
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.