A fast growing SAAS organization in Orange County, CA is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join their platform team. This client has big plans this year to begin building out our their own Developer API, as well as other initiatives to open up the client to the development community. The Platform team is a cross-functional product team responsible for building, supporting and maintaining the clients official public API, as well as supporting a number of other platform related initiatives.
location: IRVINE, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $140,000 - 160,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Work within a cross-functional product team to execute on the roadmap for your team's product domain according to our product principles... think big, start small, ship to learn, give our customers superpowers.
- Build scalable and resilient APIs that our customers and development community can rely on.
- Write clean, simple, well-tested code that is easy to understand and maintain.
- Review code written by other developers both in and outside of your team.
- Provide technical leadership, feedback and mentorship to mid-level and junior developers.
- Occasionally participate in customer feedback interviews lead by the product manager or designer to gain insights into our customer's experience of the product.
- Participate in a rotating on call schedule supporting the APIs you will build and maintain.
- Experience with Ruby/Rails
- PostgresSQL Experience
- Memcached and Redis Experience
- Babel and Webpack Experience
- Experience using Sidekiq
- AWS or Heroku Cloud Deployment/Operational Experience
- Experience architecting and developing publicly versionaed APIs and experience with API types like Rest or GraphQL with formats like JSON API
- Experience and use of CI/CD
- Experience and use of Automated Testing (TDD/BDD)
- Experience building and implementing systems utilizing OAuth
- Experience using Agile Methodologies
- Experience leading/guiding small teams and working with multiple teams across product engineering to drive platform initiatives.
- Experience designing and building features and systems for scale and resiliency
- You have a BS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Embedded Software Testing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.