Randstad Technologies is seeking a skilled SQL Developer for a contract role in Beaverton Oregon. If you are ready to join a leader in the Technology enables Legal Services space, please apply and Randstad will be more than happy to assist in helping you land your next role. We look forward to speaking with you!
location: BEAVERTON, Oregon
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Data Services is the team within ECAR which manages and shepherd's data through the entire lifecycle of a class action or similar matter, such as a mass tort claim. Each case, while unique, undergoes a similar lifecycle and series of operations, including initial gathering/scrubbing/loading of client data, notifying potential class members, receiving claim information, computing and disbursing settlement amounts, and so on. Each of these steps will be reflected by and/or have material effect on the underlying case data.?
The Data Services team consists of SQL developers, business system analysts, QA analysts and reporting analysts. These are the core roles responsible for executing our cases.
SQL Developers start with a template database and from there they develop database queries/scripts/ETL to manage the data flow for a case. In order to be successful it is expected that you are proficient with relational database concepts and practices, are able to evaluate and write SQL queries, and can create and maintain common database objects such as views, stored procedures, and user-defined functions. Additionally, you should be able to utilize code management and/or revision control tools and follow standard software development practices to a high level. The majority of time is spent developing and refining ETL processes, writing update queries, and writing ad-hoc queries on behalf of clients and stakeholders.
As a SQL Developer you have experience:
- With Microsoft SQL server and SQL based queries
- With source control
- With MS SQL database development
- Using indexes, common table expressions, temp tables to optimize large SQL queries
- Creating tables and stored procedures, as well as best practices to creating tables and stored procedures
- Knowledge of or prior experience with SSIS or SSRS
- Adhere to published coding standards and documentation requirements.
- Capable of troubleshooting common database issues
- Proactively analyze, assess, and identify problematic areas of batch processing, production jobs, and production workflow; work to address the issues you've identified, helping to make our solutions more robust and stable.
- Evaluate data quality processes and resolve data quality issues.
- Conduct code walkthroughs, peer reviews, and produce technical documentation as needed. Work Environment
Work is fast-paced and performed in an office environment with extensive contact with clients and employees. The industry we serve demands the highest level of confidentiality and professionalism in safeguarding client and project information. Highly effective Class Action & Claims Solutions and Corporate Services associates thrive on being in an environment that rewards the following critical success factors:
- Adaptability: Appropriately reacting to changing situations without a loss of effectiveness and enthusiasm for strategic initiatives and corporate goals.
- Analysis: Identifying problems and causes or analyzing how processes and procedures could be improved, collecting relevant information and identifying possible solutions.
- Attention to Detail: Appropriately completing all of the individual tasks accurately or according to workflow/process guidelines with an emphasis on reaching or exceeding quality standards.
- Creativity: Being inventive, imaginative and innovative.
- Development of Others: Providing the means for others to grow and develop personally and professionally within and across departments.
- Energy: Maintaining a fast, active pace in the normal course of a day.
- Flexibility: Going into situations without preconceived notions with a willingness to assess various options in order to determine a course of action.
- Integrity: Strict adherence to job-related standards, values or norms.
- Learning Ability: Understanding and applying new information.
- Listening: Hearing and comprehending verbal messages and confirming back what you hear.
- Team Player: Functioning as an active member of a group while maintaining focus on your individual contributions and responsibilities.
- Verbal & Written Communication: Effective oral, written and nonverbal expression without preparation.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.