Client is currently sourcing for a Database Developer to work in Boston, MA. The Team
The Database Developer will join a global database development team that focuses on building scalable and optimized business intelligence dashboards to unify data quality reporting across various Asset Management advisers. You will develop a deep understanding of the data, develop scalable processes to unify data from disparate sources and dashboards for data reporting. The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for data analysis of stories assigned and will provide technical/domain guidance to geographically diverse teams across Boston and Bangalore. The Expertise You Have
The Skills You Bring
- Five or more years of industry experience as a Database engineer and developer.
- B.S. degree in math, statistics, computer science, or equivalent technical field.
- Proven experience with writing complex SQLs and PL/SQL processes to solve a business problem
- Working experience with Informatica to load files of delimited and fixed width formats
- Demonstrated experience with data analysis
- Prior experience working in a geographically diverse environment is required.
- Proven experience developing interactive dashboards using Tableau is required.
- Experience with various scheduling tools such as Autosys is desired
- Exposure to AI/ML related experience is a plus.
- Exposure to financial domain will be a plus
- Prior experience working with cloud data warehouse platforms such as Snowflake will be a plus
- Understand and have expertise with AWS deployment pipelines / EC2 Instances / S3
- Have an extensive understanding of Python and Perl
- Have a deep background with complex Oracle PL/SQL and SQL
- Have exposure to Informatica and Autosys
- Develop, improve and deploy software using Python, Perl, Oracle PL/SQL, Informatica, Unix Scripting
- Communication and presentation skills enable you to be effective with both technical and non-technical audiences in communicating solutions, alternatives, and challenges
- Developing release plans, release content and delivery schedules
- Collaborate with partners, both onshore & offshore, across the IT organization and business as needed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 60 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: The Value You Deliver
Solid grasp of AWS deployment patterns and migrations
Solid grasp of Oracle PL/SQL
Solid grasp of Python and Perl
Ensuring all partners feel that their needs are being considered while at the same time managing the time dedication for other critical tasks
Delivering quality work that aligns, wherever possible, with the Fixed Income Data Strategy in order to achieve maximum business value for our sponsors
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
- Database Developer
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.