job summary: Description: Title:
Database Administrator / Data Management J Location:
Melbourne, FL Job Description:
L3 client Corporation is looking for a well-rounded Oracle Database Administrator (11g, 12c, 19c preferred) and assist managing SQL Server databases (2012 and later). Solid experience in Red Hat Linux, Solaris operating, Windows OS are needed. The candidate will support multiple databases tasks in a dynamic environment, maintaining, managing databases (via command line, OEM (strong skills), SSMS for SQL Server). Additionally, the candidate must have a minimum of 5 years' experience as primary DBA administering Oracle databases.
location: Melbourne, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Responsibilities include:
- Understanding of database management with solid experience in Oracle RAC, Grid infrastructure (ASM & Clusterware), Data Guard (logical and physical standby), Oracle Enterprise Manager (strong skills). SQL Server database management on VMWARE experience will be a plus similar capacity.
- Knowledgeable in database backup/recovery, high availability, and data replication for BOTH Oracle and SQL Server.
- Ability to be on a ONCALL rotation with other team members. Need to be able to physically be at Melbourne, FL facility (not remote in) within an HOUR of getting call.
- strong performance tuning skills to be able to work with development and improve response times of database queries. Willing to learn SQL Server and assist engineering.
- strong database supporting experience towards systems and database patching and upgrade requirements adhering to security standards.
- Creation of jobs, stored procedures, and other database activities as needed
- Control of security of the database systems and how users interact with the data
- Documentation of database processes
- Ability to plan and execute Implementations of new data related applications and systems
- Ability to review and implement new database designs based on developer requirements
- Able to complete system performance tuning and diagnostic related tasks
- System health monitoring and proactive correction of issues
- Able to work well with all disciplines on the team
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university in Computer Science or similar discipline with 5 years certified DBA experience, or certified DBA (no degree) with 8-years DBA experience.
- Solid experience with Oracle and SQL Server databases. Oracle OEM experience needed.
- strong RedHat Linux skills.
- Writing and debugging stored procedures.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Expertly perform all aspects of core database administration from installation to disaster recovery.
- SQL Server experience is a plus in backup/recovery/refresh test/dev databases, performance tuning.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.