As the Staff Product Designer, you'll be a thought leader for the User Experience of the Core Shopping experience at client. You'll have the opportunity to think and act big, exercising continuous innovation and a bias for action, coupled with thoughtful experimentation. The ideal candidate will be a systems-level design thinker and visionary, with strong customer instincts and outstanding design intuition. Your primary goal will be to ensure an unparalleled customer experience that enables our customers to accomplish their goals in the most elegant, efficient, and enjoyable way possible. To achieve this, you will be responsible for driving the design process and propelling teams to completion - working closely with our partners in research, product management and engineering to help shape the future
location: BOSTON/SEATTLE, Massachusetts/Washington
job type: Permanent
salary: $140,000 - 170,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Each day you'll:
- Earn trust and collaborate with product managers, developers, user researchers, and other designers to execute design concepts that deliver on user and business goals while elevating our customer experience across the shopping funnel.
- Operate at depth to lead the design of the ideal customer journey for both new and loyal customers;
- Keep it Simple and champion a cohesive, consistent UX that delights pet parents and highlights the unparalleled convenience of the program.
- Act like an owner on the team to deliver work by leading innovative and holistic thinking across diverse products, platforms, and devices; drive the direction, style, and methodology of design and accessibility.
- Put the Customers first, and utilize design thinking principles through all facets of the product design life cycle, from discover and concept ideation, through flows and wireframes, to full-fidelity prototype designs. Enabling you to build engaging user experiences for multiple user groups that solve business objectives with purpose and simplicity.
- Think big, and champion cohesion and consistency in UX design that unites a growing family of Enterprise products, while continuing to nurture and evangelize a fervent culture of invention and innovation.
- Deliver results by presenting and articulating your design process, inspiration, and decisions to internal stakeholders including C-suite executives.
Foster client's culture and principles within the group while setting new standards in executional and operational excellence.
- Bachelor's, or equivalent degree, in Design, HCI, or related field or equivalent professional experience with the design field.
- A total of 7+ years of experience in User Experience Design that includes 4+ years of leading large-scale initiatives at a product based organization.
- Fluency in best practices for User Interface Design, Information Architecture, and Interaction Design; practical knowledge of User Centered Design processes and lifecycles; ability to provide and effectively communicate strategic and tactical recommendations based on quantitative/qualitative data and optimal Design practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the latest design concepts, emerging technologies, and other developments in the user experience field.
- Effectiveness in working across organizational boundaries to influence and deliver results.
- Exemplary analytical skills and high judgment.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- A proven ability to consider the impact of your decisions, past your own products.
- Able to translate concepts into concrete depictions to clarify ideas and advance collaboration based on shared understanding.
- strong bias for action including the ability to juggle multiple priorities and effectively deliver in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Experience designing for e-commerce.
- A passion for and the ability to develop and mentor design talent
- Experience designing for subscription products
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.