"We're not in the shipping business; we're in the information business" -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 18,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
location: Milpitas, California
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 21 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
- Daily process and input of all customer orders and distribution accounts.
- Provide daily operational reports that are accurate and timely.
- Run stock reports to check for product availability.
- Generate all related paperwork and necessary information required for customer work orders, checks all orders for special requests and posts inventory records.
- Coordinate special, last minute shipping requests with the Transportation and Operations Departments, expediting any order as necessary.
- Trace orders as required and notifies customers of any activity concerning their order.
- Maintain damage records and backorder logs.
- Provide warehouse staff with necessary documents and information needed to complete receiving, and to ship orders.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with customers by responding to all inquiries and complaints concerning work orders, invoices, shipments, inventory counts, etc. in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Report customer feedback to management, including any signs of customer dissatisfaction.
- Contribute to maintain strong relationships with vendors (trucking companies, and others).
- Provide support with other miscellaneous projects, filing and research
- Answer phone calls according to Expeditors standards
- Meet compliance at all times to regulations. This includes internal policies and procedures such as Operational Process Standards (OPS) and external government regulations or customer policies / requirements.
- Meet KPI standards, as per the company's procedures
- Ensure smooth and timely freight process flow
- Use Dashboard/EDMS/Branch Reporting on daily basis
- Interact with our customers in arranging their shipments and meeting customer service standards.
- Understand department process flow, and looking for best practices to improve operational efficiency and productivity
- Overseas communications, timely responses to emails and requests (internal and external)
- Escalation of problems to Management when necessary
- Provides support with other miscellaneous projects, filing, and research
- Oversees all paperwork associated with orders and maintain the corresponding files
- Attend training classes when required and meet company standards of 52 hours training per year per employee.
- Promote compliance in diligently following all company policies and regulations and performing the task at hand with outstanding integrity and pride.
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Education: High School (required)
- Customer Service / Support
- Shipping / Transportation
- Operations / Logistics
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.