The Principal Solutions Architect, (APO PPDS)
is an integral part of the manufacturing and planning team to help drive solutions in the planning and detailed scheduling (PPDS) in ERP applications. This role is primary accountability for the delivery of production planning processes in APO PPDS and S/4 HANA PPDS including, project delivery, system enhancement and architectural oversight.
location: Exton, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Experience and Abilities:
- Drive solution design, business expectations and delivery of the manufacturing, planning, and scheduling functions.
- Possess deep understanding of the overall vision and business needs and utilizes this knowledge to design and implement best in case application security controls. This includes interpreting any issues and recommending solutions or best practices.
- Utilize knowledge of best practices to define strategic direction, determine business needs and design & deliver technical application security and risk governance solutions, doing so in partnership with Application and Infrastructure. This includes interpreting up to the most complex issues and recommending solutions or best practices.
- Create and maintain project charters and plans, capital requests, budgeting, and project management in accordance with the Project and Portfolio Management process and policies and procedures.
- Use breadth of expertise to solve complex problems. Provide system support and maintenance in alignment with standards and process set within the Services Delivery model, Company policies, and procedures as well as Regulatory requirements including but not limited to Sarbanes-Oxley and FDA GMP.
- Create and maintain system lifecycle documents in accordance with Company policies and procedures, including creation and maintenance of SOPs, SOIs and Job Aids.
- Work within and participate in the Change Control process.
- Will have worked on 2 to 3 full end-to-end implementations of APO PPDS.
- Spearhead the mapping of business requirements to optimal technical solutions.
- Provide technical delivery of functionality to meet defined business requirements.
- Hands-on experience of APO Production Planning heuristics- (Configuration, testing, solutioning).
- Specifically, MRP Configurations like Planning Board, DS Board, Different Profiles, PPDS Subcontracting Process, Alerts configuration & monitoring.
- Knowledge and experience of master data distribution of work centers /resources, production versions, PPMs, PDS, capacities, time-streams, CIF-ing between ECC and APO.
- Knowledge of working on production orders/planned orders, Material Master, BOM, routing, work centers, production version.
- Material planning using SAP MRP and LTP.
- Should be familiar with Integration of SAP PP with Material Management, WM, and QM.
- Hands on Experience in SAP enhancements, reports, interfaces, and developments as meet business needs.
- Experience with setting up PPDS in S/4 HANA is highly preferred.
- Willingness to global travel
- Support and contribute to Lean Sigma programs and activities towards delivery of the set target
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- S/4 Hana
- Production Planning
- MRP Configuration
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.