Our client, a leader in institutional digital asset/cryptocurrency financial services, is looking for a Sr. Backend Trading Systems Engineer
who will join their Prime Brokerage team in the United States. This candidate must have experience with high frequency trading systems and at least 5 years of back-end, server-side software development.
Our client processes over 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 250 coins and tokens. Their customer base includes the world's largest cryptocurrency exchanges and institutional investors and spans more than 50 countries. They are backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, and several more. Required:
- At least 5 years of back-end, server-side software development
- Experience building high-performance trading systems and platforms
- strong experience with server-side languages like Golang, TypeScript/Node.JS, Java, Python, etc.
- strong experience with SQL databases like MySQL or Postgres
- Confident with RESTful API design
- Great with unit and functional testing and debugging
- Experience in Git/GitHub and branching methodologies, code review tools, CI tools, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, applied mathematics, or another technical discipline from a top university
- Understanding of and strong interest in cryptocurrencies and blockchain
- Great at algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with microservices and service-oriented architectures
- Familiarity with any of the following: digital wallets, clearing and settlement, lending, trading, accounting systems, etc.
- Ability to work full-stack and familiarity with React and GraphQL
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with large-scale, real-time, and distributed applications
This role can be worked remotely from anywhere within
the United States.
location: PALO ALTO, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $180,000 - 200,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Design and build strong, resilient, and robust APIs, libraries, and services to power our financial services: clearing and settlement, digital asset lending, trading and liquidity
- Own functionality and scalability features by taking responsibility from inception to deployment and customer integration
- Expose and document functionality to the UI, third-party developers, and our internal and external tooling
- Collaborate closely with all engineering teams and product managers to ensure consistency in understanding of technical requirements and overall work quality
- Provide mentorship to your peers in the broader engineering team through code reviews and education on best practices
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- RESTful API
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.