We are the go-to destination for extraordinary anime. By combining its integrated in-house studios along with its technology and distribution partnerships, we lead the industry with our omnichannel approach to offering anime to fans - from streaming and home entertainment to theatrical distribution and broadcast television. The company's next generation streaming service also provides subscribers with instant access to their favorite sub and dub shows in ad-free HD on the widest array of devices and platforms - from smartphones and tablets to TV's and gaming consoles.
We are looking for a self-motivated Senior Software Engineer
to join our Consumer technology team. We are looking for an intrepid problem-solver to dive into an ambiguous problem space and design and deliver innovative software solutions, and to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
You will work alongside product management, design, and marketing to define and build solutions fans love. You will be responsible for architecting and developing cutting edge technologies. This senior engineer will work with wother engineers and other leaders to solve difficult technical problems.
The ideal candidate will have an established background developing service architectures. This person must also be a strong leader and an excellent communicator who can articulate technical design tradeoffs with senior technical leaders.
location: Culver City, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: The core responsibilities of this position include:
- Working closely with software engineers and other engineering managers to architect, develop and deliver the best solutions.
- Design and build scalable and distributed systems, making architectural trade-offs, review code, and deliver with speed and quality.
- Contribute to building scalable, high-performing tech infrastructure
- Collaborating with Product and Program Managers to develop a long-term roadmap with achievable estimates; ensuring software engineering priorities are included within the roadmap.
- Provide expertise for services you own in all matters related to deployment, building and release process.
- Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives where needed.
- May serve as architect or project lead in the course of large or complex projects.
- Mentor more junior engineers and help them grow by providing positive and constructive feedback
- Help shape a cultural high bar for security, performance, reliability, and maintainability of software
- Likes working at a fast pace, is self-directed, and able to manage multiple concurrent competing challenges, issues and priorities
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Software Architecture
- System Engineer
- Web Design
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.