Sr. IP/LTE Network Engineer
Our client is seeking a Sr. LTE Engineer / Sr. IP Engineer to join their remote team. This role will be 10% travel to customer sites and will be regularly in NYC and Lisle, IL for management meetings. The skills we are looking for include: VMware, Nokia, LTE, BGP, EPC, Juniper, CIsco, and WAN/LAN support from a Level 2/3 capacity.
location: Lisle, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Oversee the design, implementation and support of wireless networking infrastructure and network security devices.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with clients.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external teams.
- Develop project documentation, including statements of work, detailed project plans, architecture designs, detailed
implementation plans, deployment plans, project test plans, and operational training material
- Support the development of standards that produce high availability, scalable and robust network and wireless designs
including the development and maintenance of written documentation
- Configure VPN, Wireless technologies, routers, switches, system security and firewalls
- Identify, coordinate and document preventive, proactive and corrective maintenance requirements.
- Plan, execute and supervise planned network maintenance projects such as software or hardware upgrades, network
expansion and data collection activities.
- Provide expert troubleshooting, technical support and technical problem resolution.
- Provide technical leadership, coordination and hands-on management of outage restoration efforts including the organizing
and leading of joint outage conference bridges with customer, vendors and partner teams.
- Communicate networking ideas and concepts to customers, vendors, partners and peers.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a technical discipline, and CCNP/CCWP/CCIE or equivalent
- At least 5 years of related work experience in IP Network Engineering
- A strong commitment to teamwork and collaboration in a matrixed organization
- An open, engaging, and inclusive approach to work and the communication skills to work well with all levels of technical and
- Demonstrated success in a technical leadership role within a 24x7x365 operational support center.
- Proven hands-on experience managing outages and service restorations
- Experience working in an emerging growth technology services company
- The ability to convey a strong sense of urgency, responsiveness, follow-through and successfully manage outcomes
- Experience in sales, design, implementation and/or support in network technology solutions
- The ability to work productively in a 24/7 environment without direct supervision
- Knowledge of IP network products, routing protocols and the strategic direction of networking technologies
- Understanding of wireless solutions (LTE and Wi-Fi)
- Experience designing and implementing high availability networks & new network topologies
- Knowledge of best practices around WAN/LAN, mobility, switching, routing, security and convergence
- Administration support software O&M tools for LTE maintenance and operations RAN equipment, i.e.: 5620 SAM "Service
Aware Manager" - Nokia / ALu, Spider Net - SpiderCloud Wireless, and Ericsson OSS
- Understanding of small cell wireless technologies and Ethernet backhaul solutions
- Knowledge of virtualization and storage technologies
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- EPC(Evolved Packet Core) (3 years of experience is required)
- LTE (3 years of experience is required)
- VMWARE (3 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.